crossmember

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crossmember

can the crossmember be removed. i as looking under the car today and i dont understand how u can remove are motors fromt the bottom with the crossmember right underneath the motor. can some one please explain. thanks

Re: crossmember

i believe it's called a "k" member, the cross member is what the trans sits on.
    But i think if you can find a way to prop up the engine, the k member should pull out mayb?

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

if you are gonna pull the motor like that, it all comes out as one unit. the enigne cross member and front suspension actually drop out from under the car, actually you lift the car off the motor and stuff. never seen anyone other then horsepower tv do it that way all the techs just pull it from the top.
      96 camaro auto base model<br />slp cai<br />pacesetter headers<br />flowmaster catback<br />35th anniversary ss wheels<br />richmond 3.73<br />98+ ss spoiler<br />hypertech 160 degree thermostat<br />transgo shift kit

Comment

well the reason i ask is because my oil gasket is leaking really bad so i want to know if it would easier to jack up the motor or lower the crossmember

Comment

I had the trans out at the time and i changed the rear main and oil pan gasket. didnt take the motor out. taking the trans out is so easy to take out on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Camarodragcar2002
            I had the trans out at the time and i changed the rear main and oil pan gasket. didnt take the motor out. taking the trans out is so easy to take out on them.
            how does taking the trans out let the oil pan clear the crossmember?

Comment

i've done my oil pan gasket 3 times now. this coming from a pro....JACK UP THE MOTOR.
              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

The Tech Manual Actually Says To Jack Or Tilt The Motor.
                96 camaro auto base model<br />slp cai<br />pacesetter headers<br />flowmaster catback<br />35th anniversary ss wheels<br />richmond 3.73<br />98+ ss spoiler<br />hypertech 160 degree thermostat<br />transgo shift kit

Comment

Originally posted by kristen
                  i've done my oil pan gasket 3 times now. this coming from a pro....JACK UP THE MOTOR.
                  do u take off the upper intake mainfold?

Comment

take trans out then it come right out cause your trans isnt there. no need to mess with k frame. with trans out put in a new rear main also if it needs it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X