This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypertech 180*

I know this issue has been probably beat to death but I have to ask. Stock thermostat in my car is 180 degree according to tech database. Is there any benefit to me replacing this with a Hypertech? Is so, which one should I use and do I also need a fan switch. I live in Canada so it doesn't get to hot up here. Thanks
    2001 FirebirdW68<br /><br />Whisper Lid; SLP CAI w/K & N, Flowmaster Am. Thunder, B & M Shift kit w/ Servo, 3200 stall Edge Racing Converter, Tranny Cooler, Nittos, 180* stat, Taylor Spiro Pros w/ NGK\'s, MAFT, Royal Purple.

well, this is a long standaing debate. people like it, others dont. personally, 180 seems like a good compromise between what the emissions agencies would like to see (195) and what would keep the intake air cooler (160).

btw, its likely that your car has a 195 stat. mine did despite what the tech database and the owner's book claims. particularly since you are in canada. a 180 is just barely enough to keep warm in cold winter driving.

Comment

This is a real basic question/mod so I'm moving it to General TEch.
      Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

this issue HAS been discussed to death...i'm sure a search function would be of great help, instead of waiting for all those people who have inputted (myself included) to pipe up again.

i use a 180*, btw...probably the best, unless you really don't care about emissions and gas mileage.

but i run around town with 173* temps in the summer...with the fan on it never gets above 171*...that's at a stop too.
        2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X