freeze plugs yay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freeze plugs yay

yeah so the guy who owned my car b 4 me mixed the red coolent with the green so now my freeze plugs are busting and i have leaks every where does any one have a suggestion as to what i should do? should i try to find a new engine or try to rebuild tis one? im just not sure what to do:mad: :mad: :mad:

Re: freeze plugs yay

depends, need mileage and your plans with the car etc. Personally I'd just rebuild the engine and get a mild cam and some PnP heads, but like I said, it's what you wantt o do and how much youa re willing to pay
    Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

i had thought about doing a v-8 swap but im not sure as to what i would need to do that eather and my car has like 90,000 miles on it now but i think that if i were to rebuild it im afraid that the block might corrode and cause cooling problems in the future so i dont know

Comment

its that cold already that its freezing ?
        1997 Camaro LS1 RS
        1994 Camaro - Sold
        1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

I dont see how mixing coolants would cause the freeze plugs to leak. Sounds like there could be other issues at hand
          Originally posted by kala
          I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
          parting her out

Comment

why dont you just replace the freeze plugs and flush the coolant system?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated again due to fire
              by ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
              1 week ago
            • RPDRed6
              For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
              by RPDRed6
              Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
              3 weeks ago
            • ssms5411
              No start problem
              by ssms5411
              So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X