platinum spark plug gaping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• platinum spark plug gaping

I'm about to do a full tune up on my 94 3.4L camaro. Plugs, wires, coils, and 02 sensors. I have some Champion Platinum plugs but I have one question. I'v been getting mixed opinions about gaping. I'v been told that they are already pregaped and you shouldn't do it because it will mess up the platinum coating. And other people are saying to gap them according to the user manuel of the car. So whitch one should I do?

come on guys plz help

Comment

Ok first thing you need to know. Did you buy pre gapped plugs for your car? or did you get plugs you have to gap? or did you just pulled a Champion Platinum plug off the shelf and have no clue?
      00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

the guy at the store said they were pregaped for my car but I just wanted to make sure.

Comment

Still missing the vital information of what the gap is? ;)
          00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

the spark plug gap is usually given on a little chart on the hood or engine bay. then just measure the plug gap with a feeler gage. if you dont have a feeler gage you can probably google for the thickness of a sheet of paper and go from there.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated again due to fire
              by ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
              1 week ago
            • RPDRed6
              For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
              by RPDRed6
              Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
              3 weeks ago
            • ssms5411
              No start problem
              by ssms5411
              So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X