Rough starts in the morning fix maybe? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rough starts in the morning fix maybe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough starts in the morning fix maybe?

I know some of you have this problem.. the rough starts in the morning where it chugs almost as if theres a vacuum leak. I recently changed my battery to chassis and engine block to chassis ground wires to larger 4 guage wires. Apparently that fixed the chug it does in the morning. I'm not positive on it yet but just wondering if anyone who has upgraded their ground wires has or still has that startup problem. It woulda been nice to know awhile ago how to fix this so if it helps anyone I'm sure they'd appreciate it :) Just gotta absolutely verify it first.

TEAM C6V6

Re: Rough starts in the morning fix maybe?

i got the same stupid problem im hoping its nothing to serious

Comment

Originally posted by jagerskulls
      i got the same stupid problem im hoping its nothing to serious
      Well if my car starts up tomorrow morning without the annoyance then I'm going to guarantee this fix works cause it's the only thing I've done to the car since it's stopped. It's funny though, my 02 does it but my 98 doesn't. I'm not entirely sure what are all the difference besides the specific mods and the different throttle bodies but as far as I know.. those few differences shouldn't affect it like that.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

I had rough idle in the morning on my car. It was the fuel pressure regulator. Fuel was leaking from the FPR back through the vacuum line, causing the car to run rich. Easy way to check this is to pull the FPR vacuum line and check for fuel.

Comment

^yup, check your fuel pressure to make sure the regulator is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Black 98 Joe
            I had rough idle in the morning on my car. It was the fuel pressure regulator. Fuel was leaking from the FPR back through the vacuum line, causing the car to run rich. Easy way to check this is to pull the FPR vacuum line and check for fuel.
            Now.. would it only have fuel in it during the morning start or any time? That does seem like a reasonable answer to my problem but I haven't had it since I changed the grounds. But I suppose it wouldn't hurt to look into it. I don't know a whole ton about the fuel system anyways so it'd be a good excuse to study up on it.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

whats the car specs?? how long does the "chuggin" last? does the engine run like shiz or just rough, like its warming up? winter weather does have an effect on our cast iron blocks.
              Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

Htpp3 "tune", flowmaster, gutted cat, whisper airlid.. 3.8 02 engine.
                It completely stopped doing it. When it did do it, it was almost as if it was gonna stall out. I think it might have once, I can't remember. But it lasted up to like 30 seconds almost, smoothed out and didn't do it again till I turned it off, it cooled down and sat for awhile.. say like a little over 4 hours to cool off. It's a little confusing cause if its a temp issue then I wouldn't entirely think the electrical would have a whole hell of a lot to do with it. Temp might have been just a misleading factor when the battery was really just losing a bit of power after sitting for awhile.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X