coil vs coil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coil vs coil

man,,i want to buy an msd or another high performance coil,,,they say that they do 40.000 volts,,,they do that power onstock modules or you must use like an msd dis box to reach that voltage???

Re: coil vs coil

dont waste your money. the stock ones are just fine.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
      dont waste your money. the stock ones are just fine.
      werd... unless you're running a SERIOUSLY modified engine (boost, racing fuel compression ratios, etc.) new coils wont do you much good if at all. a spark is a spark, regardless of what their marketing department tries to get you to believe...
      2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

the question was,,,,,do they do that power on stock modules or you need a msd box.

Comment

dude it's a big waste. i run ALOT off of stock ones.
          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

stock stock stock. no need to upgrade :)
            Dave:
            00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
            97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Stock FTW!

-Y87
              Lid,K&N Filter,PaceSetter Headers,Magnaflow Cat 2.5in S-pipe,Flomaster :(,3.42 LSD

Comment

stock is what you need
                http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

I've ran stock with my old powerdyne supercharger setup with no problems, and I also run stock with my 125 wet shot of nitrous with no problems. I would stick with stock.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT DO THEY DO 40000 VOLTS JUST REPLACING THEM OR YOU NEED A MSD DIS BOX FOR THEM TO REACH THAT VOLTAGE.?????

ILL STICK WITH STOCK ,,BUT ANSWER THE QUESTION

Comment

I am no electrician so I have no idea, touch them with the car on and find out :)

I could care less what voltage they do as long as they get the job done really
                      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

i would imagine that they put out something close to the rated voltage, even with the stock module. The ignition box seems to be more for the multiple spark than anything, and of course some adjustments (course, you only get multiple sparks at lower RPM's... )
                        Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

Originally posted by camaroman1181
                          i would imagine that they put out something close to the rated voltage, even with the stock module. The ignition box seems to be more for the multiple spark than anything, and of course some adjustments (course, you only get multiple sparks at lower RPM's... )
                          thanx for the info. really helpful.:)

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
                            I am no electrician so I have no idea, touch them with the car on and find out :)

I could care less what voltage they do as long as they get the job done really
                            why dont you put your pipi in it and find out for yourself??:)

Comment

Originally posted by 3.4orNothing
                              why dont you put your pipi in it and find out for yourself??:)
                              HAHA you said pipi. i really just laughed out loud. thanks for that.
                              Dave:
                              00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                              97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X