difference in Ticks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• difference in Ticks?

my car's been ticking since the summer...and i'd pretty much decided on new heads to cure it...then i was stickin my head under my hood (yes, i know...especially dangerous with shoulder length hair lol) and found myself a leak in the pipe that runs up from the passenger manifold and holds the EGR...u can feel the air blowin from the hole...could this exhaust leak be causing the tick? cuz the tick doesnt develop until the motor warms up...

on a side note, now that it isnt sweat drenching hot nowadays, my car doesnt run quite as hot, and the tick has gone away, and is replaced by a pulley squeal...and on warmer days (the temp is fluxuating like crazy right now in NC)the squeal is nowhere to be found, but the tick is back!!ahh!!...

Re: difference in Ticks?

the weather changing from hot to cold is causing the belt sweak. just get a new belt and you'll be good in that dept. the older they get, they can wear easy....

as for the tick. a leak in the egr connection can cause a "ticking" sound. its more of an air smacking. just get a new gasket. get it nice and tight(put some gasket maker on there too) and you should be fine. you might want to think of doing the egr delete since.
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X