Yeah, I did a dumb thing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yeah, I did a dumb thing.

Ok, that was the most frustrating thing ever. And that bracket isnt some really strong steel either because after an hour or so trying to get that nut under the trany dipstick nut undone I resorted to bending the bracket. It was extremely easier than trying to remove the bracket.. took about 5 seconds. I just laughed. And.. after removing the valve cover.. finding that the piece of plastic obviously did not fall in there.. I laughed some more. Bent the bracket back in place.. screwed in the bolt and nut back to the bracket.. had a beer. Well, it will be easier next time. I hadn't worked on my car in so long, I forgot how much fun it is to work in tight places. My knuckles are thanking me now for it. Btw, is that bracket really that important? And if it is.. Could I cut the ****ing thing up so that it doesnt block my valve cover bolts but still mount up?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

its only important when you want to pull the engine.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Originally posted by Loochy88
        its only important when you want to pull the engine.
        I completely understand now.... Screw those brackets. If they ever give me another big pain in the *** they're goin into storage.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X