brake light staying on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake light staying on

hey guys, im having a bit of a problem here.. my brake light keeps sticking on, it kinda sucks, but people dont tailgate me..

anyways, is there a way to fix this?

i noticed that if i pull all the way up on the pedal it will come on, so i have to push it down a bit when i park for them to turn off.

this s also probably the reason why my tail lights are warped

Re: brake light staying on

Sounds like the switch that turns on the brake lights is messed up.
    I don't think that's the problem of your warped tail lights. That's a very common problem.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

any idea how to fix this switch.. i figured that one out on myself

Comment

anyone have an idea how to get to this switch?

it is a pain trying to get my lights to turn off for 30 minutes every time i park mycar

Comment

http://www.autozone.com/az/cds/en_us...rInfoPages.htm

Try searching the internet.
          '99 Mountaineer AWD 5.0 - 4300K HID, Some Bolt-ons
          '97 RS - HPTuner, Bolt-ons
          '09 WRX - Aesthetic mods

Comment

yes right under your brake pedal there should be 2 switches, (or buttons) one is your brake lights and the other should be for the cruise control.
            basically when the button is not pressed down the brake lights are on. you can try unplugging it and screwing it/unscrewing it to adjust it a little

or just leave it unplugged and you can have no brake lights haha, good for if you want to run from the cops :D
            i knew a guy that wired it to a switch so he could turn off his lights if he wanted haha

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Replacing the switch is pretty easy and not too expensive. I just replaced one on one of my other cars a couple of weeks ago. The switch was $14 at NAPA, it may be even cheaper elsewhere. But I had to order it. On this car (a 1990 Cutlass) the switch is held in place by a white plastic ring with small tabs on it. You just press in the tabs to slide the switch out. Took about 10 mins to fix.
              2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

cool, thanks, i am still unable to find this switch.. is it on the front, or back of the pedal arm

Comment

nevermind, i found it, and turned the little knob, hopefully this fixes it, thanks to the person who suggested that

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X