i keep hearing our cars should run at 210 - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i keep hearing our cars should run at 210

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i keep hearing our cars should run at 210

my car only goes up to a little last 160 degrees... i have never seen it go up that high

you probably have an aftermarket temp gauge thingy that is designed to keep your car at 160.(what year is your car??).......i have a 3.4 liter and it runs at 210 which is at the middle.

Comment

You didn't tell us what engine you have, but a 3.8's stock thermostat is 195°. It should run between 200° - 210°.

The gauge is so inaccurate that it's pretty much unusable for telling you what the temp really is.
      Matt
      1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
      Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

i have a 3.8

i dont know what was done with the car.. i got it used a month ago

oh yea.. sorry about the double post.. i will delete the other one

Comment

210 is tooo hot, be happy its where it is...thats right about were mine is, i run a 160 or 165 i forget. [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]
          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

are the 180* aftermarket thermostats more accurate? or is that not related to the gauge?
            1995 3.4l dark green camaro<br />stock...for now

Comment

correct me if im wrong, but
              i thought you could put a 160
              thermo in , in the summer but
              it wasnt good for the car to
              run it that cool in the winter,
              and you should put your stock
              195 thermo back in?
              *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98:
                correct me if im wrong, but
                i thought you could put a 160
                thermo in , in the summer but
                it wasnt good for the car to
                run it that cool in the winter,
                and you should put your stock
                195 thermo back in?
                it doesnt matter, but having a 160 thermo in the winter makes it take alot longer to heat up.

I drove the car for 40 min straight, and it didnt even get past the line between 160 and 210 degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM450:
                  are the 180* aftermarket thermostats more accurate? or is that not related to the gauge?
                  We are talking about the accuracy of the temp gauge not always being right. Personaly my gauge is very accurate. See what kind of t-stat you have, if you have a 160 you know there is nonthing to worry about. If you have a 195 the t stat is bad or you gauge is not accurate. :cool:
                  <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

mine reads like 180 all the time, my old maro also read at 180 all the time i never done nothing with the thermo. or checked em also they were both 98 models?????

Comment

in my 3.4, 160 degrees is the lowest number it goes to. the temp gauge in the instrument cluster must be different than the 3.8 liters. if mine stayed at 160 the needle would never move.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X