arghh!!!tension pulley....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arghh!!!tension pulley....

My drive belt likes to get thrown off my car right now....I'm guessing my tensioner is going out, but I don't know if it's the pulley, or if it's the whole assembly. I read somewhere that if it's just the pulley, it would sound loud if spun without the belt on there, but I don't know what it normally sounds like so....I really can't tell....

The other thing is the only arm I've found is here http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/se...294967271+5919
    but it says it fits the 98- V8 motors, would it fit the V6?
    if i was a pirate noone would have a car

Re: arghh!!!tension pulley....

pull down on the tensioner with a rathchet. while pulling down see it it wiggles. if it dose buy the whole tensioner assembly. dealer charges 150. orielly charges 70. autozone charges 50.

Comment

it is change of season so alot of belt are beat this time of year from all the expanding and contracting.
      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Stupid winter....

TEAM C6V6

Comment

ha and your name is blizzard. kinda ironic
          Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

Isn't it though? I believe I've had this screen name with everything since I was like 12.. and when I was 12 blizzards were awesome for many reasons. Mainly because I got to stay home from school. But now.. I have to get to work no matter what. If Fedex is runnin, I have to be there. Hence.. Stupid winter.
            Last edited by Blizzard242; 12-03-2007, 06:42 PM.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

...the belt is fairly new, and this isn't the first time it's happened. it happened once about two weeks after I got the belt. After the belt slung off, I've noticed when I put the belt on, I'll start the car and the tensioner will kind of bounce until the belt is about half way on the pulley.

Comment

nm.....I just went ahead and bought a new assembly, better to fix it now instead of later. Now I just have to figure out how to put it on....stupid alternator being in the way and such.

Comment

make sure your getting the right size belt too :)
                  WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X