Coolent guage, fan problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolent guage, fan problem

Ok ive got something weird going on. i have posted about this before but got no response, so i figured i would try one more time. At certain times my temp guage will fall completely to zero, and my fans will constantly run. Now their has to be certain conditions for this to happen. It only happens if i go on longer trips driving (30 minutes or more) and have constant crusing speeds (65 or more). It also happens only during the colder months. Had his problem last winter, went away for the summer, and is now back. if i stay around town this never happens. Once is does happen, if i reset the computer the guage begins to function again, and the fans operate normally. So wtf is going on with my car? any help would be great.

Re: Coolent guage, fan problem

What temperature T'stat?

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com

"Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

if your temp gauge just falls to zero, your sending unit and/or wiring is faulty. Unless you have a midget under your hood with a fire extinguisher, I'm pretty sure its the sending unit. 8 bucks at autozone.

Comment

wheres the sending unit located?

Comment

I'd have to look on mine, but on the LT1 its right on the water pump, or on the timing cover just above it if i recall correctly. It should be a bronze fitting with a 2 wire connection going to it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X