What could this be..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What could this be..

I can pull out and be driving.. not driving hard.. and just regular driving.. sometimes when I push in the clutch and let off the gas to change gears the RPMS raise a little.. to about2.5-3k??

Im thinking plugs and wires would probally stop it.. but im not sure..

I thought my Gas Pedal was sticking so I reach down while it was doing it and pulled back on it and it was fine.. maybe my thorttle cable is sticking? you think?

and what sorta sound does a lifter make when its tappin or going down? and is a piston knock really really loud? I think I got lifters going bad.. if so anyone recommend any good ones?

chances are that new plugs and other tune up stuff wont help the rpm issue, my m5 2.8 did it and still does after i tuned it up like 5 days ago. A lifter gone bad will click, try some Lucas oil stabilizer, i've used it and i work at NAPA and have heard others say it works miracles...it does. i wouldnt worry about your pistons unless it sounds like somebody is smackin your motor with a hammer.

[ August 21, 2005, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: redbird8628 ]
    --1986 Firebird M5-- TEAM RED

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2109812

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
      Had to be evacuated again due to fire
      by ssms5411
      Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
      1 week ago
    • RPDRed6
      For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
      by RPDRed6
      Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
      3 weeks ago
    • ssms5411
      No start problem
      by ssms5411
      So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X