Fog Light Question ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fog Light Question ?

97 Camaro- My drivers side foglight is out.
    What happened is the clear plastic lens cracked. and the bulb went out.
    I bought slip on fog light covers to cover it up cuz it looks like sh*t. but if i replace the bulp, and a small peice of the lense is missing.. will the bulb get hot and melt my slip on cover?
    Hope not!!!

Anyone have their factory fogs they wanna get rid of ?
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

bulb should'nt go out jsut cause the lens cracked.

The only thing I could think of would be if it got hit with water or something?

I doubt the bulb would get hot enough to melt the cover though... as long as its not replacing the lens.

Probably be a good idea to start checking junkyards and see if they have one that got rear ended or hit from the side or something and totalled.
    3.8L Dk Blue 1998 Camaro<br /><br />Soon to have 80\'s in the back

Comment

im from joliet too, a ton of junkyards, none of them seem to have any fog lights from 93-97 camaros

the bulb broke from a rock or something after the fact the lens cracked...
      *Matt

Comment

heh...yea..

I called every body shop and junkyard around here when i had my accident and none of them had any front end parts for me :-(
        3.8L Dk Blue 1998 Camaro<br /><br />Soon to have 80\'s in the back

Comment

Alright, replaced my bulbs in both foglights just so they are same brightness..
          it was sort of a pain the *** but i went from under that car and pulled the panel down, and got to it from behind the fog light..
          getting to the bulb was fairly simple once the panel was off
          the panel was only 3 pressure tabs but they did NOT want to come out..
          after i pulled the bulb out and replaced it..
          it was a little complicated to find the hole ;) .. your arm is bent like 5 different ways and i was afraid to crack the new bulb..
          BUT ITS DONE! finally:)

I let it stay on for about half hour, and the fog light cover didnt heat up at all so im happy [img]smile.gif[/img]
          *Matt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated again due to fire
            by ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
            1 week ago
          • RPDRed6
            For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
            by RPDRed6
            Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
            3 weeks ago
          • ssms5411
            No start problem
            by ssms5411
            So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X