help; what can I do with $1000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help; what can I do with $1000?

I have done some searching, but with a 28.8 internet connection, I just dont have the time. I was wandering what mods I could do to my camaro to give it a bit of a punch with around $1,000? All I have now is a cat-back exhaust. Thank you in advance for your help.
    \'98 3.8L m5<br /><br />whisper lid<br />SLP CAI <br />lsd <br />3.73 gears <br />Flowmaster American Thunder catback exhaust

Intake, headers, cat, gears...barely.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

well at least get a cable internet with that money [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

LoL ^^

Do a whisper lid, magnaflow catback,SLP CAI with K&N and a ZZP Underdrive pulley..

Thats about it..

Comment

Valvetrain upgrade
          2000 3800 II V6 Firebird<br />various small mods, bigger stuff later.

Comment

cai-$200
            headers-$300
            catconverter-under $100
            hptuners or dhp-300ish dollars

using 28.8k modem= priceless

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

intake, whisper lid, gears and a posi
              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Where is HP tuners for 300 ish? Id buy it right now. Base price for HP is $499.
                Jessica :)<br />Kansas: There\'s no place like home...99 Firebird Blown/6lbs, Eaton w/3.42\'s CI headers Z28 Exaust<br />CAI, #36 injectors Intense PCM

Comment

Used HP Tuners usually goes for around $300, but thats about the only way to get it for that much. They also go pretty quick when they do pop up.

Comment

pay some car payments
                    Mike<br /><a href=\"http://www.my99firebird.gq.nu\" target=\"_blank\">www.my99firebird.gq.nu</a>

Comment

Paypal the funds to me; I'll buy several good items and do the install. I'll email you free pictures.

Other than that, I'd suggest Borla catback.
                      I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                      CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                      FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

first off, thanks for all the replies. I live out in the boonies, and they offer no cable/DSL whatsoever. so, i'm stuck with 28.8.

what exactly is an hp tuner?

I think I'm going with an SLP cold air intake and possibly a whisper lid.

I'm also going to go with gears, but what do you guys recommend?

Also, what kind of hp gains should I expect?
                        \'98 3.8L m5<br /><br />whisper lid<br />SLP CAI <br />lsd <br />3.73 gears <br />Flowmaster American Thunder catback exhaust

Comment

I would get the cold intake kit and then nice Cam

Comment

Originally posted by stealth1281:
                            75hp with gears....45 with the SLP cold air intake, 45hp with the K&N filter, 65hp with the SLP and K&N stickers, 89hp with the headers, 35hp with the high flow cat, around 50hp with the catback depending on the brand, 105hp with the HP tuning. i think thats about it that was listed. O', dont let people BS you with how fast they will say you'll go or how much HP you'll have with like valvetrain upgrades, nitrous or forced induction. i mean come on, you only get 15hp with a RKsport powerdyne supercharger...you only have a V6 so that crap doesnt help. i have full exhaust and full intake mods and i roast SS's and TA's all day 2 Fast 2 Furious
                            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
                              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stealth1281:
                              75hp with gears....45 with the SLP cold air intake, 45hp with the K&N filter, 65hp with the SLP and K&N stickers, 89hp with the headers, 35hp with the high flow cat, around 50hp with the catback depending on the brand, 105hp with the HP tuning. i think thats about it that was listed. O', dont let people BS you with how fast they will say you'll go or how much HP you'll have with like valvetrain upgrades, nitrous or forced induction. i mean come on, you only get 15hp with a RKsport powerdyne supercharger...you only have a V6 so that crap doesnt help. i have full exhaust and full intake mods and i roast SS's and TA's all day 2 Fast 2 Furious </font>[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                              http://www.leadingedgesim.com/mkapro...m_detector.jpg
                              Matt
                              1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
                              Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                                by ssms5411
                                Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                                1 week ago
                              • RPDRed6
                                For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                                by RPDRed6
                                Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • ssms5411
                                No start problem
                                by ssms5411
                                So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X