help; what can I do with $1000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stealth1281:
      Also, what kind of hp gains should I expect?
      75hp with gears....45 with the SLP cold air intake, 45hp with the K&N filter, 65hp with the SLP and K&N stickers, 89hp with the headers, 35hp with the high flow cat, around 50hp with the catback depending on the brand, 105hp with the HP tuning. i think thats about it that was listed. O', dont let people BS you with how fast they will say you'll go or how much HP you'll have with like valvetrain upgrades, nitrous or forced induction. i mean come on, you only get 15hp with a RKsport powerdyne supercharger...you only have a V6 so that crap doesnt help. i have full exhaust and full intake mods and i roast SS's and TA's all day 2 Fast 2 Furious </font>[/QUOTE]Funny you are. :rolleyes:
      2002 Firebird<br />Lid, Rumbler, GT2

Comment

My questions still weren't answered. From what I read, 3.73 gears are the way to go. Any thoughts?

Also, what exactly is an hp tuner?

BLLDOGG, I was looking for an honest answer, not a smartass one
        \'98 3.8L m5<br /><br />whisper lid<br />SLP CAI <br />lsd <br />3.73 gears <br />Flowmaster American Thunder catback exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Mu:
          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stealth1281:
          Also, what kind of hp gains should I expect?
          75hp with gears....45 with the SLP cold air intake, 45hp with the K&N filter, 65hp with the SLP and K&N stickers, 89hp with the headers, 35hp with the high flow cat, around 50hp with the catback depending on the brand, 105hp with the HP tuning. i think thats about it that was listed. O', dont let people BS you with how fast they will say you'll go or how much HP you'll have with like valvetrain upgrades, nitrous or forced induction. i mean come on, you only get 15hp with a RKsport powerdyne supercharger...you only have a V6 so that crap doesnt help. i have full exhaust and full intake mods and i roast SS's and TA's all day 2 Fast 2 Furious </font>[/QUOTE]Funny you are. :rolleyes: </font>[/QUOTE]
          Originally posted by stealth1281:
          My questions still weren't answered. From what I read, 3.73 gears are the way to go. Any thoughts?

Also, what exactly is an hp tuner?

BLLDOGG, I was looking for an honest answer, not a smartass one
          fine dip****s.... this is my honest answer
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Yeah, that was really ****ing retarded BLLDOGG. Stop trolling posts and go get a life outside of the internet. I can't even believe a moderator found that funny. When the guy is looking for real answers, you post some bull**** and tell him to do a search. Try acting your age next time...

I'd say go for 3.73s, or 4.10s if you don't care too much about gas mileage (although some may disagree). You may want to do a few more mods though, before the gears. Let it breath (intake), then exhale (exhaust), then maybe a cam? But gears will def. give you that punch you're looking for.

[ August 23, 2005, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: Earnhardt132000 ]
            <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

people keep telling you to get a catback...but you already have a cat back....so think about headers.

if you already have 3.42 gears I wouldnt bother with shorter gears unless you are realy dedicated...because 3.42 are already rather sporty.

for major power you will need a major mod. this would be valvetrain work such as cam and springs and pushrods. if you are a good mechanic you can do it yourself. if not then you will need more than 1000 bucks (most likely) becuase of the labor.

with 3000bucks you can find a used supercharger...get some headers and transform you car into a mini beast. same gas mileage as stock but a lot more power.
              01 Firebird A4 3.42
              Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
              and other mods
              Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

I don't think anybody has said nitrous, so that's what I suggest (and CAI).

As soon as I have the money, I'm getting nitrous and CAI (I already have exhaust).

What more can you ask for than 1HP/$5?
                1999 A4 Firebird<br />Mods coming soon-

Comment

Yeah BULLDGG, that was pretty ****ing childish... Grow the **** up.....

Comment

Thank you guys once again; there always seems to be a smartass in every crowd...

I'm not all that mechanically inclined, but I found a shop near my area who specializes in V8 f-bodies and are doing all the work for me.

I have a whisper lid and SLP CAI ordered and will have 3.73 gears and LSD coming in. Cams/headers/s/c are a bit out of my price range. I think i'll be happy with the results.

Can anyone give me a general estimate on what kind of hp gain i should expect? I do realize that it's not going to be that much.

My main concern with the gears is that the mechanic can't recalibrate my speedometer because he only has software for a V8. How would I remedy this problem?

I cant thank you guys enough for your great input.
                    \'98 3.8L m5<br /><br />whisper lid<br />SLP CAI <br />lsd <br />3.73 gears <br />Flowmaster American Thunder catback exhaust

Comment

about10-15 hp. the gears and lsd will give you a much better launch. you will be happy with it.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                      Or this

Comment

you can use hypertech pp3. it only has presets for up to 3.42 gears....but you can change the tire size with hypertech and get REAL close to you 3.73 calibration. if you find a hypertech for 200 bucks then that is cheapest. you can also send out for mail order tune...kida pricey...and you are stuck with that tune...until you pay to have it changed if need be.

if you are not a mechanic i would not get to heavy into modding cars. things just go much better when the driver/owner of a daily driver is in charge of the high performance modifications.
                        01 Firebird A4 3.42
                        Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
                        and other mods
                        Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

4.10s all the way
                          \'99 SSM Camaro V6 M5<br />(mod list on cardomain site; too long to list here)<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                            Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                            by ssms5411
                            Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                            1 week ago
                          • RPDRed6
                            For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                            by RPDRed6
                            Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                            3 weeks ago
                          • ssms5411
                            No start problem
                            by ssms5411
                            So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X