Dome Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dome Light

For awhile whenever I hit a bump in the road my Dome Light flashes. One might think this isn't a big deal, but for 60 miles a day and night time driving, it is really really annoying. I tried to pull the fuse to the light, but that took out my light, my alarm, and my power door locks. Any ideas what the problem is and how to fix it?

Thanks,
    Morgan
    Red 1998 Camaro<br />Mods so far=<br />K&N

Hey! I have the same problem as well. I have checked both doors and the hatch, and i cant figure it out. Its not as bad as last year, but its still constantly annoying me too. I'd like to know too.

Comment

My guess would be that there is something wrong with the switch in the mirror. I don't know how to disassemble it, but I'd give it a shot if it was doing that to me. Or, just get another one from ebay or something.
      sigpic

Comment

i had this same exact thing happen to me - my hatch wasnt closed all of the way.. when i hit a bump, the hatch lifted up causing the lights to flash on and off.

Comment

^Yeah, I accidentally left the hatch unlatched once and it took about 10 miles to figure it out. Every bump I hit would flash the interior lights. It freaked me out until the next bump made the whole hatch open up about 6 inches reavealing the road noise at 50 mph... [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img]
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyman:
            My guess would be that there is something wrong with the switch in the mirror. I don't know how to disassemble it, but I'd give it a shot if it was doing that to me. Or, just get another one from ebay or something.
            Keep in mind the back light also comes on, not just the mirror.

And as for the hatch no being closed all the way, this has been going on for a looong time now and I am SURE it is closed. Plus, when I leave the hatch unhatched on accident, it makes a thump noise when it comes back down again.

Comment

Any ideas? I would really really like to get this fixed.

Comment

one of the switches are loose or going bad. If worst comes to worse pull put the bulbs. Put a tap light in the center of your car...hahaah.
                <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

Which switch could it be? If I get on the back and pull up the hatch when it's closed, it doesn't come up, nor does the light turn on. I don't get this stuff.

Comment

Well, it could be one of the door switches also. It may not come "on" if you jest pulling up on it. If the inside of the switch is going bad, or if the mount of the switch is loose, it will most likly do it when the car in moving. Well let me ask you this, the manual switch you use to turn the dome light on. Roll that switch down jest a hair, MAYBE, its right on the verage of being on, and the movement of the car at times is jest enough to trigger it. Does this make since? let me know.
                    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

I think I know what you are talking about bobby, I'll give it a try and post up whenever I go on a drive later. Thank you for your time to try to help me.

Comment

same problem here. when you close the hatch pull up on it then shove it back down and it should click. or check to make sure the little lever on the switch didnt slide back a little.

Comment

Mine clicks the first time... Anyone ever think if its a wire connection?

Comment

It's most likely some dirt in a switch.

Get some electric contact cleaner spray (or WD40 in a pinch) and load up both the door switches and the hatch switch. Work the switches a few dozen times each by hand to clean the inside of the switches.

Go for a ride and see if that fixed it.
                            Tracy <br />1994 Z28 Ragtop, M6<br />1994 V6 Camaro, Hardtop

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X