Need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help!

Ok so I did a search and found one thing that matched my problem but didnt really answer my question. So here it is. I have had my car for 2 1/2 years and over the summer my car started to run hot so I looked in the radiator and it was really low. I added about a quarter of a bottle to my radiator and it was full. it was the prestone 50/50 mixture dexcool. So when I checked my radiator later that day it had over flowed out of my resivor tank and it has this nasty yellowish tent to it and it is muddy and gunky looking. What causes this and what can I do to fix it. I have already flushed out my radiator twice. It has been flushed every six months since I bought it and this is the first time I have ever seen anything like it.

Re: Need help!

still having problems with that crap? sucks.

Comment

rust and old coolant mixed with the new?
      Originally posted by LETZRIDE
      I've never touched a rear end before

Comment

Ok, So does that mean I need to change my radiator fluid more often than every six months. Is there anything I can do to fix that?

Comment

Originally posted by elkindw
          Ok, So does that mean I need to change my radiator fluid more often than every six months. Is there anything I can do to fix that?
          no, you just need to flush it out and get the dexcool out

rad fluid should last at least 5 years

Comment

Does the crap in look like trans fluid? The automatic cars have a trans cooler in the pass side tank that can start leaking trans fluid into the radiator.

Brian
            sigpic

Comment

Dexcool is pretty well known for that.

Get if flushed VERY VERY well and just switch to the green stuff, you shouldn't have the problem any more!

Comment

Originally posted by Nachius
                Dexcool is pretty well known for that.

Get if flushed VERY VERY well and just switch to the green stuff, you shouldn't have the problem any more!
                my dad flushed his car, and he didnt do it good enough and it looked exactly like what the thread starter is saying, it took a full day of using rad flush and running it with water, draining, etc.. i probably did it 6 times before the water ran clear with no orange tint

Comment

aight guys Ill just have to spend the whole day flushing it out. I have a manual too by the way.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X