Car shakes a bit at WOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car shakes a bit at WOT

Lately I've been driving around and noticed that my car likes to shake pretty good at WOT. I'll turn onto a street, put it in 2nd and go WOT. After about 3500 RPM the car shakes pretty badly, enough to make me want to get off the throttle. I ran some fuel injector cleaner through it last week, helped a little bit, but I'm still concerned. Going to get my spark plugs replaced along with my fuel and oil filters this weekend.

I'm not sure if this sounds like a misfire or not, any suggestions would be welcomed.
    *SOLD 9/4/05*<br />1998 Navy Blue Metallic Camaro M5<br />-Flowmaster cat back<br />-Accel Ignition<br />-K&N Air Filter<br />-Hurst Shift Knob<br /><br />Currently vehicle-less at Ohio State :(

any SES light?

mine did that when i had a missfire. but more towards the lowened it shook..
    96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

No SES light. Today it was about 60 and it didn't shake very much at all. Then again I didn't quite go WOT, but it's definately smoother in warm weather.
      *SOLD 9/4/05*<br />1998 Navy Blue Metallic Camaro M5<br />-Flowmaster cat back<br />-Accel Ignition<br />-K&N Air Filter<br />-Hurst Shift Knob<br /><br />Currently vehicle-less at Ohio State :(

Comment

You said you turned, is it possible you could have taken a turn and hit a big enough differance in street-transitions to induce wheel hop?

The V6 is bad about wheel hop. And in stock form taking a corner and in second will almost guarantee me a series of harsh jolts until I let up.

Or are you certain its an engine or driveline vibration?
        <b>15.41</b> @ 89.80 & 15.45 @ <b>91.64</b>, 2.21 60ft, 3,440 raceweight, using <b>OEM</b> Equipment. <br />\'98 L67/M49 w/ 134,000 miles before spun bearing. \"<i>It\'s all stock, Baby</i>!\"

Comment

Well, I meant like I turn onto the street and as soon as I get to the straightaway and drop the hammer, it shakes bad. The Tach also kinda bounces up and down weird. The warm weather makes it not bounce as bad, but it's still there. I go completely straight when it shakes.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X