ac compressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ac compressor

hey guys.. i have a small leak in my ac lines.. or a small leak somewhere, but i have had to recharge the system after every winter.

last summer, i recharged it, and everything seemed fine, then my ac quit working, so i went and recharged it again.

after this recharge, i noticed that my ac compressor was making a very loud grinding sound, but only sometimes.

then after that, everything leaked out of the ac lines (you could hear it hissing) and the green fluid that was added went everywhere, so i cant tell where the leak was.

do you guys think i will need a new compressor? Or do you think if i fixed the leak everything will be ok again?

Re: ac compressor

if you have a grinding sound then your comprossor is shot. and if your lines are leaking you probably need replacement hoses.
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

The front shaft on the compressor likes to leak on these cars.

Brian
      sigpic

Comment

thanks.. so does this mean that the compressor is shot, and i will need to get a new one?

im ready to just have an ac person take a look at it so i really know what is wrong

Comment

yes, it means you need a compressor, If the shaft is leaking. You will need everything you need to change to keep the warranty on the new compressor too. Their is a GM dealership selling parts on eBay user ID " thepartsladie" a new GM compressor from them is about $50 more then a rebuilt one from Advance.

Brian
          sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X