Modifications and Questions :burn:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modifications and Questions :burn:

Hey everyone, it’s been a little while since I actually created a thread pertaining to actually modifying my Camaro. :stp: And I just have a few questions to ask before continuing on my project I am making over here in KY. Also I would like to state that I didn't know if this should go in general or Forced Induction, if it needs to be moved go ahead and do so.
    My First question is pertaining to the process of sea foaming my car. As of late I have added a supercharger to my car, I am not running it efficiently as some of you know. I need to upgrade my injectors, and fuel pump, and purchase a tuning software (more questions to come later) I know sea foaming cleans out the carbon buildup from high mileage cars, and I know I can do the process without messing anything up. (Hopefully) I was just wondering if I should run the sea foam before or after I upgrade the injectors and fuel pump. Does it even matter?
    For my next question, I would like to go with the Walbro 255 internal fuel pump for my set up. I am not sure how to install this part, nor do I really want to try and install it. Is this the right fuel pump to go with? I plan on running anywhere between 9-12psi of boost through my setup, so I didn’t know if I would need a certain type of fuel pump to regulate my fuel. Also I was wondering how much I would save installing this myself as compared to letting a shop do it. I don't really want to do it, but if I can save quite a bit I will research on how to do it.
    So after My fuel Pump I am going to need bigger injectors. Any clue on how big I should run for a 9-12psi setup? I’m hear the GTP injectors are 36# and they run that on factory boost, (4-7psi) Would these work or would I need to go larger, and what would you recommend?
    My Only other Question I have right now is deciding on what tuning software to go with. HPT is highly recommended and I have heard of some people using DHP. What would be the most efficient software to use? Considering my car is FI.
    If you've stuck with me this far THANK YOU! I trust this board with not just my beloved Camaro but also my life, for the fact this is my means of daily transportation everywhere. If anything were to go wrong it could result in serious injury or death (any thing could happen, my engine could blow creating a cloud of smoke, impairing my vision and causing me to collide with some object like a wall or pole.)
    I would greatly appreciate any input you could give me, as long as you know exactly what you are talking about. You Guys :rock:
    1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro
    - K&N Filter, Pacesetter Headders, MagnaFlow 2.5" Hi-Flo Cat, FlowMaster 80 Series, PowerDyne Supercharger@9Psi More 2 Come

Re: Modifications and Questions :burn:

Originally posted by RyanAndyBob
    Hey everyone, it’s been a little while since I actually created a thread pertaining to actually modifying my Camaro. :stp: And I just have a few questions to ask before continuing on my project I am making over here in KY. Also I would like to state that I didn't know if this should go in general or Forced Induction, if it needs to be moved go ahead and do so.
    My First question is pertaining to the process of sea foaming my car. As of late I have added a supercharger to my car, I am not running it efficiently as some of you know. I need to upgrade my injectors, and fuel pump, and purchase a tuning software (more questions to come later) I know sea foaming cleans out the carbon buildup from high mileage cars, and I know I can do the process without messing anything up. (Hopefully) I was just wondering if I should run the sea foam before or after I upgrade the injectors and fuel pump. Does it even matter?
    doesn't matter either way. if you put new parts in, they won't have carbon build up. so you dont' have to worry about cleaning them. it shouldn't hurt the new parts. i would do it before
    For my next question, I would like to go with the Walbro 255 internal fuel pump for my set up. I am not sure how to install this part, nor do I really want to try and install it. Is this the right fuel pump to go with? I plan on running anywhere between 9-12psi of boost through my setup, so I didn’t know if I would need a certain type of fuel pump to regulate my fuel. Also I was wondering how much I would save installing this myself as compared to letting a shop do it. I don't really want to do it, but if I can save quite a bit I will research on how to do it.

that pump will work just fine. it's a very good quilty pump. you can get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator if you wanted to. but i see no reason for it. you should just do it yourself. there is an access panel inside the car, or you can just drop your fuel tank and do it clean. i can walk you threw that if you'd like. i would think it woudl be a couple hundred to replace it.

So after My fuel Pump I am going to need bigger injectors. Any clue on how big I should run for a 9-12psi setup? I’m hear the GTP injectors are 36# and they run that on factory boost, (4-7psi) Would these work or would I need to go larger, and what would you recommend?

i'm not really to sure about this question. they will work fine with a tune. you could prbably get away with 24 lb injectors

My Only other Question I have right now is deciding on what tuning software to go with. HPT is highly recommended and I have heard of some people using DHP. What would be the most efficient software to use? Considering my car is FI.

hp tuners is great if you where looking to do it yourself. a full dyno tune will give you the best tune and read

hope this helps
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

might wanna go with 42lb injectors to be on the safe side.

Ive had dhp and hpt. Go with hpt

Comment

^ agreed, 24# is a little small for FI. 9-12 lbs is a lot for s/c.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X