Over heating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over heating

So randomly yesterday my temp gauge started climbing alarmingly fast and has continued to do so today. I have coolant in the reservoir but none was in the radiator so i added some (was at work and needed 2 make it home). I am just about to go change the thermostat but am really confused as to why there was none in the radiator. I was told its possible the thermostat is/was stuck open but that doesnt explain the lack of coolant. When the engine got hot i did turn the bleeder valve and it shot air out at first but then about 20 seconds later coolant did come out. Any help would be great.
    - Why tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death -

Re: Over heating

Well just took out the old one and the middle part (piston maybe?) the part the spring is coiled around sorry noob :) was cockeyed so im thinking that might have been part of the problem.

Comment

I cant understand the second post, but make sure you have the car running and the heater on full blast when filling with coolant. Run it with the cap off until it hits normal operating temperature. Then squeeze the upper hose gently and see if any air comes out.

The only way the thermostat could be your problem is if its stuck closed. You can find a nice 180 or 160 thermostat for cheap online. I went 160 and no tune and the car never goes over 190* even in traffic.

Comment

ya well i was kinda of in a bind so i had 2 buy one from autozone that was 195 but i just installed it and ran it around town and it never went above 185. I didnt want the 195 but thats all they had and i needed to make it to work tomorrow. Hopefully this was the problem and its now fixed thanks for the help tho.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X