Would this fuel pump work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this fuel pump work?

It's looking more and more like a new fuel pump is needed. How much are aftermarket as compared to the stock one for 200 bucks at AutoZone? I found 2 fuel pumps on ebay. Here and here. The first one says it's specifically for 93-95 3.4L Camaro while the second one says it's for 93-96 5.7L Camaro and 93-95 5.7L Firebird. Would only the first one fit? Are either of these improvement over stock or is the 93 5.7L Camaro fuel setup different from the 3.4? Thanks a lot!
    Originally posted by LETZRIDE
    I've never touched a rear end before

Re: Would this fuel pump work?

i would also like to know what a good aftermarket fuel pump is for the 3.4 l

since my car is nearing 100 k miles i would like to replace it before it goes and starts fouling things up. And technically doesn't an aftermarket help performance?

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident
      i would also like to know what a good aftermarket fuel pump is for the 3.4 l

since my car is nearing 100 k miles i would like to replace it before it goes and starts fouling things up. And technically doesn't an aftermarket help performance?
      I'd imagine so. But either way. My car is a hair over 180k miles. The fuel pump is almost gone. And trust me. It sucks.

Comment

So, the question still stands.

Comment

apparently nobody knows... i found a venom fuel pump on summitracing.com but its like 200 bux

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident
            apparently nobody knows... i found a venom fuel pump on summitracing.com but its like 200 bux
            Well that would certainly be a good investment if your pump was going out, b/c the stock replacements are 200 bucks.

Comment

almost all oem replacements cost just as much, if not more than aftermarket applications. You might as well upgrade things like water pump, fuel pump, coils ect if they go out

Comment

get a walbro 255 pump you can get them from zzp for about 125 and they will support any future mods, they are basically plug and play, you just need 2 hose clamps to hold the pump to the hanger in the tank where the original pump bucket would be if you want a direct drop in you are going to spend top dollar mine was installed as above for 6 months with no problems

76 Camaro Rally Sport-355/TH350- Soon to be LT1/TH350 with a little laughing gas to wake it up...;)
                89 Ram D350 CTD/M5- 1 Ton Dually getting 27 MPG's

Comment

yes go with a walbro 255lph pump, direct swap, not that bad to do with the access panel setup

if you want a faster response, use the search feature next time and there are tons of threads on fuel pumps
                  http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

wait so the walbro is not a full replacement?

is that just for the 3.8 or also the 3.4?

Comment

Thanks a lot guys.

Comment

I found out what I needed to do. I'm probably gonna end up going with the Walbro pump. So all I need to do is cut the 2 ribs out the bottom of the little bucket that holds the universal pump to get it to fit? That's it? ZZperformance is out of stock, but Auto Performance Engineering has what is listed as a 85-92 GM Universal High Pressure Kit (which includes pump and fittings) Is this what I'm looking for? The fittings and everything will snap right together on my 93 3.4? There's a link there saying "LT1 Owners Read This" Basically it says that the pump included in the FPG003 kit (the same one I'm looking at getting.) They say it's meant specifically for F-body applications. I assume that means cutting of the ribs in the fuel bucket is not needed? Does this mean 4th gen as well, or what? Will I have to tune or anything for this pump to work well? I remember reading that once I get bigger injectors and the aftermarket pump that I'm gonna need tuning for it to run right. What will need to be done?

Btw, click here to go to the site. Click "Applications" and it's the one on the far right in the first row where it says "GM."

Comment

the pump will work fine no need for tuning because the pump is just supplying flow to the rail and the pressure regulator returns any unused fuel to the tank, when you add injectors more fuel flow is needed in the system this is why you need the upgraded pump with a high flow rate to accomadate the upgraded injectors, the pumps are pretty universal for GM's so you should be fine if they give you directions than you should be golden ask for help if you need it so you know about the trap door method for installing the pump?

76 Camaro Rally Sport-355/TH350- Soon to be LT1/TH350 with a little laughing gas to wake it up...;)
                          89 Ram D350 CTD/M5- 1 Ton Dually getting 27 MPG's

Comment

Originally posted by ninety4three4
                            the pump will work fine no need for tuning because the pump is just supplying flow to the rail and the pressure regulator returns any unused fuel to the tank, when you add injectors more fuel flow is needed in the system this is why you need the upgraded pump with a high flow rate to accomadate the upgraded injectors, the pumps are pretty universal for GM's so you should be fine if they give you directions than you should be golden ask for help if you need it so you know about the trap door method for installing the pump?
                            Yeah, I know about the access panel method. lol. My dad was gonna help me get this done. He didn't sound too happy about it, then when he explained what we would need to do, I understood why. So I searched and found a thread on it here. Then I found a web page on the net about it. I showed him the page. He said "I wouldn't cut up my car like that, but if you give me the green light for this, give me the shears and stand back." He's not keen on using a dremel or anything like that to cut that panel open. Then again, I wouldn't be either. The way it ends up working, when the car needs something, he tells me what's gonna happen and what tools we need. Then we both get to it and he does most of the work, but shows me what needs to be done and how to do it. I really learn a lot from it.

Comment

do the trap door.

carpet will cover it. and it saves a TON of time and possibly money if you end up breaking gas tank straps etc

get the walbro on summitracing cheapest i found was over there and great customer service with a warranty

I got the trap door started w/ a sawzal and went from there
                              1999 Camaro Z/28
                              1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X