high idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high idle

the car is idling at 2000 rpms as soon as I turn it on. I changed the pcv harness because it was cracked and it still didnt idle right so next I bought a new iac valve and it still is idleing high. What else could cause it to Idle high. I disconnected the battery for 10 minutes and the idle problem cured but as soon as I turned off the car and restarted it the problem reocurred.What else could cause this high idle btw it is a 1993 camaro 3.4. If you have any ideas on what it could be please tell me, any help is usefull.:)

Re: high idle

Take your foot off the gas?
    Seriously though a stuck throttle plate, but since you got to the IAC I'm betting you would have seen it.

I think you need to keep the batt off for more than 10 min, but I erase mine via-obd2

Comment

dude my bro had the same prob on the same car, we switched to royal purple syn oil.... problem went away =) dont know why, dont care, but it did.

Comment

I have a 1993 Firebird with the 3.4L and it had the exact same problem. I purchased a used throttle body on ebay with OEM sensors and I swapped the ebay sensors with mine (IAC and TPS). That solved the problem and it has never happened again.

Do not try to swap them with non-OEM sensors, they are no good.

Comment

you could also have a vaccum leak try looking at all your hoses

Comment

yea first thing to check is all your vac lines for leaks like 95firebird3.4 mentioned. That would cause issues
            http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

i had a vac leak once, o man, your car does some crazy **** when you have a vac leak. It fouled my plugs, made me run lean, made my car literally shake while driving....

Comment

today I disconnected the battery to take it to get charged so it was disconected for more than 10minutes.When I got the battery back from charging and connected it, I turned on the car and the idle was back to normal, I then let the car heat up to normal operating temerature then I shut it off and when I turned it back on it was idling at 2000rpms again. So I am thinking it cant be a vacuum leak because if the problem stops when the battery is disconnected for a long time then that means it's a sensor or something. Could it be a bad egr?

Comment

replace the fuel filter, and what about the idle air control sensor thingy, that would make sense to change if you haven't.

Comment

I already changed the iac valve it didnt seem to help at all

Comment

fuel filter?

Comment

I changed that too recently and I dont see how that could be a problem

Comment

Originally posted by 93witemaro
                          I changed that too recently and I dont see how that could be a problem

yeah i know u dont :rolleyes:

Comment

how can the fuel fitler be related to high idle? just wondering

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X