flush heater core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flush heater core

im getting a neew eninge and i had some nasty radiotor fluid in there i think the guy before me mix dex-cool and green antifreeze . Anyway how can i flush the stuff out of the heatercore so it doesnt go into the new block i hearh there was a product that lets you cut into the hose so it will flush out

[ July 08, 2004, 12:56 AM: Message edited by: therock ]
    1999 Firebird 3.8 Chamelon<br /><br />MagnaFlow Catback<br /><br />Devon

come on guys

Comment

If you are going to do the same thing as me, drain the rad, pull the thermo, and start the engine for a few seconds. It will flush most of the remaining water/dex-cool from the engine. Put a hose in the thermo housing, turn on, and fill the engine again. Start for a few seconds, etc...

Do this until all of the red crap is out. Start the engine one more time to get the remaining water from it, then plug everything up and go green!
      sigpic

Comment

well what if the engine is out right knwo is there anyway to do it sense i ahve easy access to the firewall

Comment

Originally posted by therock:
          well what if the engine is out right knwo is there anyway to do it sense i ahve easy access to the firewall
          Put a hose in one line of the heater core, turn on, and&gt; [img]graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
          sigpic

Comment

thanks alout i figure there had to be away

Comment

Remove the two heater hoses that connect to the heater core on the firewall and use a garden hose to blow it out. It don't matter which tube you squirt water into but keep spraying till you only see clean/clear water flowing out the other hole.
              You may want to use one of those skinny 'twist' type nozzles on the end of your garden hose so you can stick it in one of the two tubes sticking out of the firewall. I used a regular spray nozzle once and got a face full of water while trying to shoot water in one of the heater core tubes lol... but it worked. Should be real easy to do since you have the engine out of the way.
              2006 Tiburon

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                Good to see the site is back up
                by 2.8 Bird
                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                4 hours ago
              • FirebirdGT
                New Site Hosting Issues
                by FirebirdGT
                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                1 week ago
              • LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X