Serious Problems Part II: Please Help.... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious Problems Part II: Please Help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Problems Part II: Please Help....

Allright I have more info guys. My car just seems like it is falling apart.

:mad: My exhaust smells really strong.
    :mad: It makes a weird wheezing vibration sound especially during tight shifts (A4).
    The muffler is a take off and they shouldnt do that.
    :mad: The muffler pops a while after the car is off.
    :mad: The muffler is not quiet, and I have a flowmaster resonator in line. It should be silent?
    :mad: The exhaust was filled with around a cup of water when I took pipe of at the cat
    :mad: My exhaust smokes sometimes white smoke. usually when engine is cold.
    :mad: The car holds of with the gas down for a while and then surges. Like If i go from 20% throttle to 50% it stays like its at 30% and then shots to 50% and gets a huge power boost.
    :mad: The car is running not as smooth as it usually does.

Things do to no avail:
    *Replaced Plugs
    *Replaced Wires
    *Seafoamed Twice
    *Oil Change

I have heard things like leaking coolant/blown head gasket. What could be wrong and what should my next step be? I asked about a compression test, would that tell me anything? Thanks for all your help so far,

John

Oh, I forgot the main raeason I posted again.
    I figured out my fuel economy. With premium I got 15.5 MPG!!!!!Thats worse than an 8. WT?

Comment

Definitely do a compression check throwing any codes for o2s or anything?

Comment

Nope. No codes. What should the compression gauge read? Thanks.

Comment

Just a wild guess, maybe a leaking fuel injector? Any one sparkplug that's fouled (period, or more so than the others?) Good luck, I'll keep poking around and see if I can come up with anything else.

Jon
          1994 3.4l M5 Camaro<br />Magnaflow Catback, 245/50ZR-16 BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW\'s<br />\"If you have the power to do it, then do it.\"

Comment

I don't know the exact compression but it should be within a certain percentage of the cylinder next to it.

it shoud read

cylinder 1 120 psi
            Cylinder 2 111 psi
            Cylinder 3 108 psi

Not
            Cylinder 1 120 psi
            Cylinder 2 35 psi
            Cylinder 3 111 psi

Comment

All the plugs looked normal.
              I am leaning toward blown head gasket, or cracked. What do yall think? Thanks for the specs MustangEater. Ill look in the manual for the exact. Isnt it within' 10%? Has anyone blown a head gasket, what happend? Thanks again everyone.

Comment

popping and vibration, and you said it surges like it get a huge power boost I say it's a coil, could be a pcv thing but MOS DEF it's a coil have you checked them?
                ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

Nope. How do you check coils? It also has a starting problem that comes and goes. It sounds health, just wont fire up. I have replaced PCV valve as well. Thanks,
                  John

Comment

Update: I ran a compression test. Everything looked okay. Numbers where around 170-180 on all cyclinders. I did notice the gauge would start low, and build every compression stroke on some cylinders and on others it would start low, jump to like 100 and then continue in a step manner to 180. What does that mean?

Also, back to the coils. How do you find out if they are good, bad, and/or going? Thanks!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                      Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                      by ssms5411
                      Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                      1 week ago
                    • RPDRed6
                      For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                      by RPDRed6
                      Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                      3 weeks ago
                    • ssms5411
                      No start problem
                      by ssms5411
                      So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                      4 weeks ago
                    • SixShooter'00Camaro
                      Revival
                      by SixShooter'00Camaro
                      Working on getting my 99 Camaro back in action. Long story short, got parked in the garage about 5 years ago (kids, career stuff ect.) trying to get her...
                      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X