?? about radiator core support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?? about radiator core support

Hey everyone. I have been searching the past few days for the answer to my question but I haven't been able to find one I am comfortable with. I recently rear-ended a Z71 and the hitch went through the hood and bent the radiator core support back. Car still runs fine (parked though) because it didnt go far enought to disturb the serp belt. No leaks. Is this frame damage that will require professional attention or can I just shape it back with a mallet? Keep in mind it was about a 10-15 mph accident so the damage isn't too bad. Thanks

Re: ?? about radiator core support

fender to door gap would be your best indicator. its not going to cause any kind of driveability issues as your suspension wouldnt have taken enough abuse to damage anything. you may be able to make it look better under the hood by "shaping it back with a mallet" but the damage is a little deeper than it looks.

id get an alignment just to make sure (standard procedure with a front collision) and watch your doors to make sure they dont rub the fenders. not that they will rust, but still.

btw i do paint and body (collision included) for a living so i have a little bit of an idea as to what youre dealing with ;)
    foggy headlights? wetsand... buff... WAX!!!
    if nissan motorsports is nismo does that mean honda motorsports is homo?

Comment

you should be fine trying to reshape it yourself. just dont' do more damage. if you dont really know what your doing....stay clear
      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen
        if you dont really know what your doing....stay clear
        yeah, dont whack any of the the little black boxes with the yellow wires coming out of them...
        foggy headlights? wetsand... buff... WAX!!!
        if nissan motorsports is nismo does that mean honda motorsports is homo?

Comment

Haha yeah I know. I already removed the front sensor. Thanks everyone. I think I am going to have a friend weld in a new (used) support. Seems like the easiest thing to do without running the risk of breaking something. The thought off me hammering anywhere near my engine is disturbing...

Comment

wimpppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Yeah I know. Hey if you think I would be ok doing it I will trust your judgement.

Comment

just be careful not to hit anything else. and know when to stop
                WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X