Car bucks/jerks when letting off gas. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car bucks/jerks when letting off gas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car bucks/jerks when letting off gas.

1997 Camaro 3.8 5 speed

Throttle feels unresponsive under light throttle. When letting off the gas the car jerks/bucks. Under heavy throttle accelerates fine. But when going down the road and letting off the gas it jerks and bucks. Very Annoying..anyone know what could cause this?

New: Plugs/Wires/Coil Packs

Could it have anything to do with the clutch?It has 120k miles on it.

Re: Car bucks/jerks when letting off gas.

Did you get the problems fixed from your last two threads? or is this the same problem?
    2002 Navy Blue Metallic Blue Firebird A4
    Pure stock (Hey, just bought it 11/07)

Comment

Yeah I fixed the misfire. This is something new.

Comment

120k miles on a stock clutch, you probably need a clutch. The bucking is probably from the clutch grabbing and releasing. As the clutch goes to sh!t the pressure plate and/or flywheel can burn or start warping, causing low and high spots.

Comment

Originally posted by greasemonkey
          120k miles on a stock clutch, you probably need a clutch. The bucking is probably from the clutch grabbing and releasing. As the clutch goes to sh!t the pressure plate and/or flywheel can burn or start warping, causing low and high spots.
          Yeah thats what I was thinking. Its almost like the transmission or something under the car is jerking hard with it. The shifter moves all over the damn place too. Just had the tranny mount replaced about 2 months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris2088
            Yeah thats what I was thinking. Its almost like the transmission or something under the car is jerking hard with it. The shifter moves all over the damn place too. Just had the tranny mount replaced about 2 months ago.
            eh i was gonna say check your mounts... ill put my $.02 on the clutch showing its age
            2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X