Temp Sensor not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp Sensor not working

This started yesterday, noticed it after about 10 min on the road. I believre it was working when I first left my house in the morning.

The temp guage on the dash reports below 100 degrees. When I was driving home last night the SES light came on. I replaced the coolant temp sensor under the throttle body this morning. But still doing the same thing. Other thing I noticed the radiator fan is always on now.

This is on a 2001 Camaro 3.8L

Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Temp Sensor not working

I would suspect the fan relay is stuck. Pull the relay from the relay center under the hood and see if the fan stops and if your temps get better.
    Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

Got it figured out I reset the PCM and all is good now.

Kevin

Comment

Same thing happened to me today, how do you reset the pcm?

Camaro V6 - 14.3 @ 96mph
        Camaro SS - cam/boltons/m6/tune
        http://www.crfhq.com

Comment

I believe he prolly just left the battery unhooked for about 20 mins or so, and that would reset the PCM, but I could be wrong.

Comment

That is one way to do it, How I reset mine was pullinbg fuses. Somoene posted this here a while ago.

Turn iginition to ON (Do not start engine)
            Pull PCM IGN fuse
            Pull PCM Bat Fuse
            Wait 5 min..
            Turn ignition off

Put fuses back.

Start engine.

Check everything. You are all set.

After I replaced the sensor, I got my volt meter checked resistance on the temp sensor with a lighter.. I do not know exact values should be but could tell by useing a lighter the resistance changed. I also checked voltage from the wires leading to it. One should bre 5 volts, other should bre less then a volt..
            Last edited by Kevin01; 01-12-2008, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X