thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thermostat

i took my thermostat out , was that a bad choice???

yeah...if yuodont put it or an aftermarket one in [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
    1994 white Firebird M5<br />Flowmasters, CAI, 3.73s, LSD, coated pacesetters, eibach pro-kit, bilsteins, hurst shifter, JVC stereo, 18\" C5 vette wheels, Kuhmo Ecsta ASX rubber<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/744299\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/744299</a> <br /><br />Coming Soon: Turbo!

Comment

thanx `94fbird

Comment

A thermostat will keep your engine cooler in the summer, and warmer in the winter. It's better to re-install it. Maybe go with a lower temp thermo, like a 180 degree or so...
        sigpic

Comment

if you dont use a thermostat, coolant will flow through your engine constantly making it run very inefficiently. It will take forever for your car to get up to operating temperature killing your gas mileage and performance. in the winter, it might never make it up to temp. For example, a 180* thermostat will stay closed not letting coolant flow until the coolant temp reaches 180*. then the thermostat will open allowing coolant to flow.

your car comes stock w/ a 195* thermo.
          i replaced mine with a 180* and since you have already taken yours out i suggest you do the same.

just go to autozone and you can pick one up for like $10
          1994 white Firebird M5<br />Flowmasters, CAI, 3.73s, LSD, coated pacesetters, eibach pro-kit, bilsteins, hurst shifter, JVC stereo, 18\" C5 vette wheels, Kuhmo Ecsta ASX rubber<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/744299\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/744299</a> <br /><br />Coming Soon: Turbo!

Comment

thanx all of you

Comment

Yea ive had stock 180's and 160's 180 for winter 160 for summer..
              New:04 GMC Sierra 1500 RCLB 4x4 5.3 GU80 3.73\'s.<br />Truck pics<br />Mods<br />Go fast: Panel K&N filter and soon SS truck catback.<br />Appearance: Stull Billet grill,Weston Chrome step tubes,Rhino Chrome hitch step,ARE painted fiberglass cover,Silver star lighting.

Comment

I ran my camaro for 3 years with no thermostat because my car was always overheating. I believe that by not having it in, it contributed to my eventual engine failure by not allowing the engine to get to proper operating temperature. That and the constatnt racing I used to do [img]smile.gif[/img] I learned my lesson, and now I always have the thermostat in.
                95 convertible 3.8 series II

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                  Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                  by ssms5411
                  Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                  1 week ago
                • RPDRed6
                  For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                  by RPDRed6
                  Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                  3 weeks ago
                • ssms5411
                  No start problem
                  by ssms5411
                  So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X