Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improving power output

Hi everyone,
    Andrew from sunny old UK here with a '98 3.8 Camaro convertible looking for help with where to get some first power increases, I believe intake and exhaust are first steps??
    Had a CAT replaced a few years ago with unknown make as it blocked so would need this too??
    There are no 'shops' that supply such bits here, I have only ever seen 3 cars like mine here!

I only intended to keep the car for the summer back in 2000 but, even trying new Jaguar XK and Merc SL's I can't find anything as much fun for so little money! (And everyone I meet think it's an expensive supercar).

Also how do i list photos as i have coloured (sorry, colored) some of the interior and would like to share.

Re: Improving power output

Best things to start off with are, as you stated, intake and exhuast. i would look on the internet for these items (ex. lid, cat back, etc.). I dont know the emissions regulations over their. But only options are another cat (preferably a high-flo one), or to get it cut off. Again this depends on your emissions laws. After intake and exhuast you can look into other bolt ons like headers, or if your feeling foggy some rockers or a cam.

As for posting pictures....up load them at putfile.com. After doing so, just copy past the link here and we can check them out. Good luck with your mods, and get the pics up.

Comment

Thanks for that! Any one ideas on best car spares shop for bits? Emissions are strict here, and a cat is required.

Pics at http://www.putfile.com/jetsetcarwash

Although looking at some of the members pics i am suffering here from the lack of Chevrolet shops!

Comment

For your cat i would just go to summitracing.com. they will have a good high flo cat, and prolly the best price. Summit will also have alot of other performace stuff for the f-body, just check it out. For other things i would check out a couple of the better known sites like:

www.thunderracing.com (has most everything..lids, exhuast, etc.)
        www.pfyc.com (has a few performance parts, and apperance)
        www.afterthoughtsauto.com (mostly apperance stuff, some performance)
        www.pcmforless.com (for a mail order tune)
        www.texas-speed.com (alost of performace stuff, aslo mail order tunes)
        www.abbottracingheads.com (for when you really want to get serious mods)
        www.zzp.com (alot of performance stuff, check under the grand prix section)

Hope all this helps.

Also the car looks good, sucks about the front plate having to be on their. not having that would deffinetly clean it up.

Comment

Thanks,
          I agree about the front plate, this sticky one was the best option (like old e type jag) but not sure it's legal!!
          We have to have plates front and rear so dear old plod can send us fines for speeding with the thousands of fixed speed cameras on all our roads now!

Comment

not that youll go any faster, but they do make a lot of good looking aftermarket headlights for your model camaro.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X