Dies at stops.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dies at stops.

I did try searching and got a few idea's but it seemed the situation would be different (weather,or a/c stuff) and some fresh input would be great. I noticed it probably a month ago (1st time) I was sitting waiting for my g/f and idling and *dead* . Just stopped,no stuttering or funky noises. It's happened about 4 times in a month (today again) at a stop light (ALWAYS at a stop light especially when I have alot of cars behind me).

Now a neighbor (more motor smarts than I) and I went through gobs of stuff. Vac lines (fixed a couple,all others were new from when I had replaced them a couple years back after I bought the car). And basically did a complete tune up & all filters and checked all connections as well,battery is new & terminals etc.. And I was also thinking fuel... But the pump still makes the same (quiet) running noises it made since I bought it so I'm assuming its doing what its supposed to but without a gauge I cant say for sure..... I read something about a crank sensor (please god of you love me don't let it be this!)... Today I went out after fixing the vac lines... Thinkin' I got it and plop... Right at a stop sign... No cars behind me until it die'd and of course I cause a major pile up... See,thats the thing.... If I let it sit for about a solid minute (or two/three light changes... lol... :mad: ) It'll fire right back up,in which case I did a 3.5k drop to D to get things moving (sorry I was really P-O'ed).

I'll get a fuel pressure gauge and check that tomorrow morning but could all ya'll fantastic people toss in your two cents cause I'm in a serious pickle... The fuel pump in my other car is suffering from a slight case of death along with some other issues so its either a car that dies at stop lights or drive my truck that gets about 8-10 miles a gallon so this is starting to hurt lol....

I really appreciate any help!

Thanks, :rock:

Re: Dies at stops.

yes, definitely check your fuel pressure and don't rev it up and put it in drive.

Comment

:banana: A couple more 3.5k D drops and you can just buy the 2008! :naughty:
      I've wanted to do a High rpm drop for awhile... What's it like?:banana:
      2002 Navy Blue Metallic Blue Firebird A4
      Pure stock (Hey, just bought it 11/07)

Comment

What was it like doing a high rpm launch in a 2.8 auto?....Hmmm... Really sad.... Thats about all I can think of... LOL. I wouldnt part with this car for anything but the '08 sounds good and possible so who knows... And in all honesty I was kinda of a panic other wise I'd have let the rpms go down but stupid me :spank: lol .

Ok,aside from fuel pressure what else can I check?

Comment

2.8... I assume it's FI. IAC valve? Sounds like a computer controlled idle control problem to me. AC clutch kicking in and locking up? (okay, that's a stretch, and you said no AC problems). Check your grounds too while your digging around under the hood too. Re-checking vacuum lines, I hate vacuum lines, they really suck. Grab the Haynes.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue02
            I've wanted to do a High rpm drop for awhile... What's it like?:banana:
            Never driven a stick? :rock:

I agree with the IAC valve. First place I would check for a car dying randomly.

Oh, if you saw what neutral drops actually do to a drive line you would have thought different lol.
            Last edited by greasemonkey; 01-22-2008, 05:07 PM.

Comment

JK, about the neutral drops... you couldn't pay me to do it.
              "Never driven a stick?" All my life, and it was what I wanted when I found this car. Sometimes you just find something you can't pass up. (that doesn't take a Dr. to clear up)
              2002 Navy Blue Metallic Blue Firebird A4
              Pure stock (Hey, just bought it 11/07)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X