Random Observations and Q's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Observations and Q's.

Ok, so i went out last night at 3:30 in the morning to work on my car. Snowstorm FTL . Anyhow, I did a number of things, all which had me puzzled one way or another.

1st, I replaced the old 02 sensor on the drivers side ( i had previously done the passanger side). When i pulled out the old one and compared it with the new Bosch replacement the Bosch was a lot longer than the stock one. They had the same single wire connector but the stock one was about 40% shorter than the new bosch one. Is this normal?
    When i replaced my passenger side one i don't recall seeing a difference in size but that was a long time ago...
    BTW the new 02 screwed in just fine.

Also, what the heck is that shroud right above the drivers side 02 sensor? its inbetween the brake booster and the 02 sensor, it kinda looks like a black light. I was thinking maybe it is to heat the 02 sensor?? Anyhow, that brings up another point. Since the new 02 is significantly longer than the stock, this "black light" is literally touching the new 02, will this be ok??

2. I took out my battery and took out the coolant reservoir tank below it ( i wanted to flush it out as i am doing a whole system flush later on) when i dumped out the contents i was shocked to see what appeared to be dirty water coming out of it. No sign of coolant at all, it just ran like water, and it was dirty. Now my car has been sitting since november and it hasnt been started in over a month so if anyone has a logical reason for this i'd love to hear it. I"m telling you it was literally dirty water.

3. This is just a basic Question regarding the alternator underdrive pully.

I installed my new alternator underdrive pully as well tonight and i broke the nut free with a breaker bar. There is the nut, a washer behind that, then the stock pulley, then there is a spacer. I just need someone to confirm what i did is correct.

I took all the contents off, installed the new pulley (this time without the spacer) then put the washer and nut back on, then tightened it til it was very hand tight with my breaker bar.

Any help or insights would be appreciated!

thanx

max :wavey:

BTW my car is a 93 3.4

Re: Random Observations and Q's.

it was proably just dirty coolant.. they are about the same viscosity.. unless you were low on coolant and someone filled the overflow with water, and it mixed with the dirt inside

Comment

Re: Random Observations and Q's.

gotcha, just looked really disgusting lol.

anyhow anyone know anything bout that 02 sensor or what that shroud next to it is?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X