lawnmower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lawnmower

no easy way to put this.....my car is a lawnmower...

ok, sorta. i don't know when this prob actually started to bother me, or start for that matter. i normally nowadays have a short drive to and from work, well a couple of weeks ago after about a good 45 min of driving, i pushed the pedal down to pass.... and it struck, my car started sputtering like a lawnmower.... and yes this is the only way i know how to explain the sound...... for the rest of the day this continued, then for the last week nothing, well today i made another long trip and it started again, the ses light was blinking. i got home and put a scan on it to find out it was for my cat, (which i just upgraded to a 3" about 4 months ago) but the light has been on..... any ideas?

Re: lawnmower

blinking ses is a misfire

Comment

i guess that makes sense, what steps should i take next. any guess on why it seems to be random?

Comment

go to autozone and have them scan it? change plugs wires and coil packs

Comment

i'll order new wires/plugs/and coil packs, wanted to anyways (good excuse too now). Thanks btw

Comment

no problem, how many miles on the car?

Comment

funny you should ask, i just took a picture on my phone at 100,000 three days ago. btw coils are expensive (didn't order them yet). your prob right thinking of it, my plugs are 60k old and so are my wires....... bosh 4's and oem repleacement wires. just bought ngk r55, and msd wires

Comment

i belive three coil packs are 120? go to autozone have them scan it and they can tell you what cylender its misfiring on, save you lotta money

Comment

thanks again, i'll try scanning myself again, if nothing i'll stop in and see them..... closest one is 45 min away

Comment

i had that problem.
                    i had a melted spark plug wire (touched the headers and melted).. and i put some used coil packs in it and it fixed the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by JumpInTheFire.com
                      i had that problem.
                      i had a melted spark plug wire (touched the headers and melted).. and i put some used coil packs in it and it fixed the problem.

wait wait... your wire melted and you replaced the coil pack? you might wanna change that wire.

do yourself a big favor... and DO NOT buy duralast plugs/wires. if they touch anything, they arc... bosch or acdelco is definitely the way to go.

Comment

i did change it. and i think mine were duralast.. got them at autozone.
                        mine probably only melted cuz i had the heat shield off of the headers

Comment

when i had duralast, i would drive to my buddies house at night, with a painful misfire, then id pop the hood, and it would be like a fireworks show with arcs... it was terrible

Comment

really

mine doesnt misfire since i chaned my coil packs. the duralast wires seem to be fine.

Comment

i went with accel hi temp wires and a new set of accel coils just to be safe. i kept going thru coils like crazy.

i pulled off a set of 3yr old msd wires and a set of bosch +4 plugs

went back w/ e3 plugs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X