Very Unusual Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Unusual Problem

I have a 96 Camaro. When I got to the parking lot tonight I turned off my car and to my surprise I heard a buzzing noise. I relized it was coming from under my hood. I popped the hood and discoverd it was coming from the fuse/relay box. I opened it up and the buzzing was coming from the squar shaped ABS relay, it is marked ABS VI (roman numeral 6). I put it back in and it seemed to be fine. Then started buzzing again. I pulled it a second time and it seemed to stop. But, sence I am paranoid I ended up pulling it and throwing it in my console. I plan on putting it in next time I drive it. But, I was wondering if anyone knew what the heck was causeing it to buzz. It should be noted that the ABSinop light never came on. So idk what the deal is. Is the relay maybe just bad?

Re: Very Unusual Problem

So no one know anything about this?

Comment

Never heard of it but if you're worried I'd say replace it.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

just for the he!l of it i would replace it also. the last thing you want is to wake up to firetrucks outside your house cause your car decided to catch fire
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Ok, thanks for the advice. I thought it would probably be best to replace it. So, that is what I will do.

Comment

ABS solinoid switch...you can swap your horn for the ABS and see if the buzz is still there.

It's an order part in local parts stores...I believe is 14 bucks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X