New intake gasket/oil pressure change ! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New intake gasket/oil pressure change !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New intake gasket/oil pressure change !

I need help on this one . I took my car into the shop for a leaking intake gasket. When I got the car back I noticed that my oil pressure was not on 60 psi when I was driving . It always read 60 psi unless the oil got low or needed a change . Now when you first crank it up it reads 60 ,but when it gets warm it starts dipping some or sometimes it will stay on 60 . He changed the oil pressure sensor ,because he broke the old one off . I also checked the oil level ,because he did a change , and he had way too much oil in the car . I corrected . Why would my pressure now be erratic ? Also the temp goes up a little when the pressure dips . This is P-----G me off . I know the pressure is still in normal range but ?. I did have the oil changed in case their was some sealant on the oil screen .

Re: New intake gasket/oil pressure change !

maybe a bad oil pressure sensor. Mine is 65 when cold,60 on highway and 45 at idle when warm 50-50 on city driving.

Comment

Aftermarket sensor.
      sigpic

Comment

I think you ,and BigBrian are probably right about the sensor. I bet the mechanic put on a cheap one . I will change ,and see .It is nerve racking to watch your pressure drop when you are driving .My pressure always read just as you say yours does .I would like that back . I was afraid maybe he did something to actually cause the engine to lose pressure.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X