Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misfiring like hell.

Awesome!

Halfway home from Home Depot today the car was acting just fine and dandy. Then I felt a misfire going about 40 in 4th gear at light throttle. Just a little hesitation, odd.

A bit down the road I give her some more gas and she dropped. Just running like a dog. Missfiring like mad, no power. Lots of backfiring as I cruise lightly home.

I will get more details and a video tommorow. :( Did the ghetto test on the coils when I got home. Put a spare plug&wire on one terminal of a coil, grounded the plug and had somebody turn it over. Did it for each cyl of the coils. All gave an obvious spark. Not really a great test I know but still it was a quick something to do.

:( Really bummed.
    Last edited by Taheen; 02-02-2008, 09:55 PM.

Re: Misfiring like hell.

SES or no? If yes, get it scanned. If no, idk. Possibly a clogged cat, bad plugs, bad wires, bad ICM, etc. There's so many possibilities for misfires.
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

No SES yet unfortunately. Sucks. Monday I have a day to myself, going to get it scanned just in case, new plugs and wires again. After that, hopefully even if it wasn't a fouled plug I will be able to at least tell which cyl is dead... really feels like she's not running on all.

The fun begins. :(

Comment

bad coils

Comment

Scanned today, cyl 5 misfire. So replaced the plug and went for a drive. It is better, but still missing bad. Will replace rest of plugs tommorow and swap the #5 plug for an old one I have.

Comment

Ok, replaced plug and also went back with a new wire. I was getting a #5 misfire code. Here is the spark plug if it helps:

Starting to wonder if my old tired fuel pump may be to blame too.

Comment

how are your wires? did you burn one? you could have the smallest crack that could give you those problems
              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

:) Thanks for the tips. I changed plugs/wires.. still bad :(

This was after I scanned and got only one code... #5 cyl misfire. Well today I scanned again after everything was deleted and I got the same code again.

Went ahead and replaced all the coils.. She hasn't run this good since I got her. :)

So happy now. :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X