Speedo goin haywire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo goin haywire

To put it simply, speedo works fine until I get up to around 85-90 mph. Then the needle starts bouncin all over the place and will not pass 90. It will go back and forth left and right,but not pass 90.I can tell I am still picking up speed after 90 but the needle just starts having a seizure. Any idea whats going on here? Lately I have also noticed that my cars been runnin a little sluggish, but its not the plugs,wires,fuel filter,or air filter. My mechanic checked everything out and said he couldn't find anything wrong and to see if some fuel injector cleaner might work things out. Any other ideas about what might be wrong with my car?
    BTW its a 95 auto.

have your battery checked, when I bought my camaro the battery was basicly gone and my car was pretty much running off my alternator, and after a while my speedometer went crazy, said I was going 110 on in the middle of a traffic jam, then 30 on the freeway. after a while my car had a lot of trouble starting due to the battery so I replaced it and and magically the speedo problem dissapared.

Comment

TTT

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
        Had to be evacuated again due to fire
        by ssms5411
        Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
        1 week ago
      • RPDRed6
        For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
        by RPDRed6
        Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
        3 weeks ago
      • ssms5411
        No start problem
        by ssms5411
        So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X