Fuel Line question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Line question

Ok, I'm not at all well versed in Fuel Lines.

Recently I had to take my car in for a problem that turned out to be a bad coil pack I could've handled myself. I was taking a look under the hood yesterday trying to see if I could handle a valve cover change on my own when I discovered that the bundle of fuel lines wrapped in what looks like duct tape that sits next to my coil packs was pulled down and tucked under the coil packs.

Something struck me as odd there, and I took a closer look. One of the three lines was folded almost completely in half, IMO probably occluding flow on that line. Worse, when I pulled the bundle out and tried to unbend that fuel line, I can't get it to go back to a full circular shape, it kinda remains half-folded.

Four questions.

1. Am I right in thinking that having a fuel line there folded in half is a big problem?

2. Is it still a big problem with it remaining half-folded?

3. Does it have potential to harm my engine, like making some cylinders run lean?

4. Is the correct term for these things "Fuel Line" and do I need to consider replacing them? Thinking about it anyways, because the connectors on them are kinda rusty and look like they could stand replacing.

Thanks for fielding yet another "Stupid Questions by Gatt" to all who read and respond!

Re: Fuel Line question

Originally posted by Gatt9
    1. Am I right in thinking that having a fuel line there folded in half is a big problem?

2. Is it still a big problem with it remaining half-folded?

3. Does it have potential to harm my engine, like making some cylinders run lean?

4. Is the correct term for these things "Fuel Line" and do I need to consider replacing them? Thinking about it anyways, because the connectors on them are kinda rusty and look like they could stand replacing.

Thanks for fielding yet another "Stupid Questions by Gatt" to all who read and respond!
    1, Could be the plastic tends to get brittle and could break.

2, depends weather it's a supply or return line.

3, yes, but it would affect all the cylinders. Have you noticed if it runs any different or sets a SES light? The PCM should see a fuel pressure restriction as a lean condition.

4, 2 are fuel lines the other is a purge line to the tank.
    sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X