Long Rev Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Rev Down

I haven't noticed if my car has always done this, but if I have it revved around 3500 or up, when I let the gas off it takes a long time for the engine to slow down. It slowly goes back down to idle. I don't know if this is normal for the 3.4, but no other car I know of does this. Do any other 3.4 owners have this problem? If so, is there anything I can do? It kinda sounds bad when I rev it lol because it takes so long to rev down. Any help?

Re: Long Rev Down

does it do this in neutral ?

Comment

its probably because its a low compression engine

the higher the compression the faster it will tach

Comment

It does it if I'm sitting there and have it in neutral, but it seems to be worst if I'm driving around and either push the clutch in or put it in neutral then rev it up. Revving up isn't a problem, its just coming down that takes a while.

I also have a custom intake, RKSport Headers, and a custom 3" catback with bullet muffler. Does your car rev down like other cars 95firebird3.4? I might be able to get a clip too.

Comment

how long are we talking about , i mean mine takes 1-2 seconds sometimes after i push the clutch in

Comment

Well I can't get a clip of it doing it now lol. Now that I want it to do it, it won't. I'm thinking it might have to be warmed up. Its definetely worse when I'm driving though, like around 35 mph or so. Hopefully some more 3.4 owners will come in.

Comment

My Mustang GT used to do that. Part of it was the IAC would come wide open when you let off the gas, the other part had to do with a heavy flywheel. After I had replaced it with an aluminum one, it kind of quit that.
              '99 Mountaineer AWD 5.0 - 4300K HID, Some Bolt-ons
              '97 RS - HPTuner, Bolt-ons
              '09 WRX - Aesthetic mods

Comment

Originally posted by The_Beast
                It does it if I'm sitting there and have it in neutral, but it seems to be worst if I'm driving around and either push the clutch in or put it in neutral then rev it up. Revving up isn't a problem, its just coming down that takes a while.

I also have a custom intake, RKSport Headers, and a custom 3" catback with bullet muffler. Does your car rev down like other cars 95firebird3.4? I might be able to get a clip too.
                my car used to do the same thing and it ended up being a stickey throttle cable.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X