calling help to all camaro owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calling help to all camaro owners

Ok everyone I need some help I have a 94 3.4 auto with a k&n CIA and a flowmaster dual exhaust now here is the problem. I just race my friends 91 accord stick no mods I beat him but not by much at all I want to run my car off of a cliff I can't believe he stay with me off the launch I did burn out a little but he stay with me until his 3 gear how can I fix this I also on a 99 z28 auto with no mods to the engine yet. But I want to finsih the v6 first where should I start I did just order a zex nitrous kit but what else any help would be great god I don't want this to happen again. any sites you can tell me that will carry the parts would be great help thanks again

bolt ons will solve your problem, n02 is a good idea, but cannot be used all the time.

this is what i did in this order to my 3.4

CAI intake > asp underdrive pulleys > magnaflow cat-back exhaust > 180 deg. thermostat > aluminum axle (1LE) > pacesetter headers > MSD ignition system (coils, dis-4, wires) > and more to come.

mustang GT 4.6's usually can't hang with me, unless modified.
    so the accord will be far behind.
    \'94 Firebird, 3.4 M5.<br />Arctic white w/ red anniversary stripe. ASP underdrive pulley set, Magnaflow 2.5\" stainless catback, CAT, Pacesetters, K&N FIPK2, 1000 watt stereo system capped 1F, Eagle Alloys 16\" 077\'s, 180 Deg. Thermo.

Comment

can you please please tell me the site you got this stuff from thanks

Comment

Well, let's see. Your car is also about 400lbs heavier than his. Your torque is really only going to help you off the line, and then your HP is going to carry you from there (guys, if I'm wrong correct me, but remember I'm only generalizing ;) ). f you screw the launch, you waste potential "energy" to get you down the 1/4 as fast as possible. You carry 20.55lbs (approx.) of weight per HP, he carries about 22.48lbs per HP (not including driver weight). Stock to stock, you should have won. If you had a better launch, you would have. I think in this case instead of spending money to make up for a lack of skill behind the wheel, you should find a *safe* place and practice your launches.

Now on to your question, where are these places? The sponsors of this forum are a great place to start and they carry parts for our 3.4l's, not to mention they're top-notch people. Here's a few links:

http://www.lmperformance.com/
        http://www.tbyrnemotorsports.com/
        http://www.texas-speed.com/
        http://www.thunderracing.com/

Jon
        1994 3.4l M5 Camaro<br />Magnaflow Catback, 245/50ZR-16 BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW\'s<br />\"If you have the power to do it, then do it.\"

Comment

your 3.4 came with a 160 hp from the factory your prolly getting about 128 or so at the wheels.

Might want to think about getting an
          LSD
          3.42s

If your planing on getting nitrous might want to step up your fuel pump.

I hope you have forged internals cause your 3.4 will blow up with anything more than a 50 shot.

Comment

www.ammperformance.com is a good site but is getting re-constructed. plus the list 1911 suggested.
            \'94 Firebird, 3.4 M5.<br />Arctic white w/ red anniversary stripe. ASP underdrive pulley set, Magnaflow 2.5\" stainless catback, CAT, Pacesetters, K&N FIPK2, 1000 watt stereo system capped 1F, Eagle Alloys 16\" 077\'s, 180 Deg. Thermo.

Comment

The best possible bolt on you could ever do would involve bolting on a v8. However, you already have a z28, so my question to you is wehat the hell are you driving a v6 for? Go kill some ricers.
              There is fast, too fast, and way too fast. Way too fast is almost fast enough.

Comment

your 3.4 came with a 160 hp from the factory your prolly getting about 128 or so at the wheels.

LSD
                3.42s

I hope you have forged internals cause your 3.4 will blow up with anything more than a 50 shot.

I was told that a 75 shot would be safe for the car without any work it is a zex kit I believe it is a dry shot

Comment

What is a LSD

Comment

What is a LSD
                    Limited slip differential.
                    2001 Camaro M5 Coupe(1 of 2,737), no options, Whisper Lid, K&N Air Filter, Free Ram Air, MAFS Screen removed, SLP Manual Fan Switch, 160 thermo, DEE\'s T/B Spacer, EGR Block-off plate, IAT resistor, CAI to EGR air feed, B&M Ripper Shifter, SLP Replacement Grill, T/A Exhaust, SLP five spoke take-off wheels, BMR strut-tower brace, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR 32/21 front & rear sway bars with poly, BMR Poly/Combo Rear Control Arms, Clear front & rear corners, HPP3 modified 87 Octane program.<p><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/red2k1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/red2k1</a>

Comment

Originally posted by rez101:

LSD
                      3.42s

I was told that a 75 shot would be safe for the car without any work it is a zex kit I believe it is a dry shot
                      hell man sometimes 3.8s blow up on a 75 shot. the 3.4 pistons suck!!!

Comment

NO if you wanna put down the torque you have to switch out the cam/lifter assembely i strongnly recommend the Powermax system and while you got the engine open have it port/polished, you'll love it.
                        Proving that import racers aint got **** on Domestic Muscle. Long live the CAMARO!<br />Soon to come- Powermax Cam/ Crane Lifters

Comment

Another good area to look into is your transmission. You can get a shift kit from B&M that will make your shifts firmer and quicker. Automatic transmissions eat up a lot of power so making it more efficient will help you get more power to the ground. Actually, it won't add power, it will just do a better job of managing what little you have.

I don't have any experience with them, but a higher stall torque converter should help put more power to the ground.

Good luck and keep away from cliffs!!!
                          95 Camaro 3.4L A4<br />Bosch plugs/MSD wires, K&N FIPK , Magnaflow catback, hi-flo cat, B&M Shift+, Dee\'s spacer<br />Kenwood KDX-859, eXcelon Amps, Infinity Kappa 3-way doors and Perfect10 sub<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/harbins95\" target=\"_blank\">Behold, the raw fury that is known as the 3.4!!!</a>

Comment

Actually, a torque convertor and gears do not increase horsepower, at the flywheel or the ground. Let's not get into that...

They will however, greatly improve your acceleration
                            2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                              Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                              by ssms5411
                              Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                              1 week ago
                            • RPDRed6
                              For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                              by RPDRed6
                              Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                              3 weeks ago
                            • ssms5411
                              No start problem
                              by ssms5411
                              So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X