injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• injectors

maybe I missed it when i searched for it but. is it worth puting bigger injectors in my 3.4 with the factory fuel rails ?

Re: injectors

not unless you like running rich and wasting gas.

If you had engine work that made it so you would need the extra fuel then yes
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

ok i have never had such a small engine before, i have only had v8's but it sound like from what im reading it is a challange to get some power out of these engines

Comment

Originally posted by metallica_mikeg
        ok i have never had such a small engine before, i have only had v8's but it sound like from what im reading it is a challange to get some power out of these engines
        not really...

3.4s just are limited on tuning which holds them back. You can still make plenty of power with them though
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

they Are also HIGHLY limited by the intake and heads...now that said I put injectors 18lb/hr injectors in my 3.4, she ran a tad rich but boy when I stepped on it she evened right out and went like hell. do 18lb/hr injectors CAI, cat-back exhaust and that will give you a bit more in the balls department.

damn I just realized 1 thing...Is this an auto or manual?

Comment

is 300hp with out n2o,turbo,sc.poss?
            with bore size,head port&polish,cam,high flow exhaust,and ign upgrade
            or is it not worth doing with the 3.4l

Comment

automatic

Comment

doing injectors might f'up your trans...it lower my idle quite a bit, actually sounded like I had some kind of sexy cam.

Now understand befor you dig in...building up a 3.4 IS NOT like any other engine, you can throw parts at it. 300hp at the crank is my goal with mine as well. you'll need to upgrade to a 3x00 top end to really see any improvement being the heads on our 3.4s are the same as what you would find on a old S-10 2.8. but swapping the top end requires new pistons, modified timing cover, modified headers, and a ton of patience.
                Last edited by nightrider2; 02-12-2008, 08:48 PM.

Comment

I have been reading about that. lucky for me my uncle works for a junk yard so i can play with ideas for almost free. im thinking port&polish heads with big valve's and a lightly mod block and intake work ect. may not cost me anything but machine work

Comment

If you go 3x00 the valves are already freaking huge for the head. besides that it sounds like you have good plans
                    Last edited by nightrider2; 02-12-2008, 09:00 PM.

Comment

well now i see why they are limited to light mods lol

Comment

do you know of anybody going with a 4.3l swap???

Comment

if you going to swap the motor man up and drop a built 350 in there

Comment

I my self have gone all out in both fields...I have my 3.4l Camaro fully built 3.4 awaiting final completion and a growing mod pile for my T/A with a 67-72 year 350SBC

Building the 3.4 in my mind is special cause its not common...I started my build a year ago when the plausibility was still in doubt and there is only 1 running car I know of.

Comment

im just running ideas just playing them off of other people

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X