What does fuel bank 1 and 2 mean? Question about the Bird's radiator cap. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does fuel bank 1 and 2 mean? Question about the Bird's radiator cap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does fuel bank 1 and 2 mean? Question about the Bird's radiator cap.

This is for my dad's SLK 320 Benz. His CES is on and I read the code and it came out to be p0170 and p0173. I looked it up and he has problems with his fuel bank 1 & 2.

Does this mean he has a bad MAF? Or is it O2 sensors? What exactly does fuel bank 1 & 2 mean?

-------------------------------------

Believe it or not, I've never opened the cap on my '98 bird. I've changed the radiator on my '89 bird, but I never did anything radiator related to my '98.

I was wondering, is it always hard to open a radiator cap? Is there a technique to this?

Thanks in advance.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Re: What does fuel bank 1 and 2 mean? Question about the Bird's radiator cap.

Push down on the cap and twist counter clockwise. It's pain, just using your fingers. I have to push down with my palm and twist. Make sure you won't burn yourself before doing so. As for the Benz... Is that all it says?
    '99 Mountaineer AWD 5.0 - 4300K HID, Some Bolt-ons
    '97 RS - HPTuner, Bolt-ons
    '09 WRX - Aesthetic mods

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Logger View Post
      Push down on the cap and twist counter clockwise. It's pain, just using your fingers. I have to push down with my palm and twist. Make sure you won't burn yourself before doing so. As for the Benz... Is that all it says?
      Ok thanks. Yeah, for the benz that's all it gave me, just those 2 codes.

Comment

On f-bodies, banks 1 and 2 refer to each side of the engine. Bank 1 anything on the driverside, bank 2 anything on the passenger-side

Comment

How many miles on the Benz?
          '09 WRX - Aesthetic mods

Comment

The Benz only has 16k on it. Which sort is extremely low miles. I just found out that many benz owners have the same problem.

Comment

Only things that come to mind that affect both at the same time would be fuel pump, filter, and regulator. Which 16k miles seems a little low for either of those to be it.
              '09 WRX - Aesthetic mods

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X