Help Pleas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Pleas

ok i have a 95 firebird 3.4L, whin i start the car in the morening it runs realy rich this clears up. if the car sits and idles i will get a ses light but whin i drive it it will clear up. some times the ses light will come on whin driveing and the car will fall on its face after 3000 rpm's. i dont have a cat and have tryed to scan the ecm for codes but have had no luck. if eny of yall hav some ideas it would be great.

Re: Help Pleas

o2 sensors

Comment

Originally posted by 3.4orNothing View Post
      o2 sensors
      yeah i thought about that and i guess i need to change them out. would that also cos it to idle ruff to?

Comment

Upgrade your ground wires if you haven't to a larger gauge. That fixed my rough starts in the morning.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Well if you don't have a cat then there is your answer. nothing is wrong. you never did a 02 sensor delete or an 02 sim??? otherwise you will have the light and a little roughness

Comment

lmao.. I've been thinking about cams and rockers and blah blah too much lately that I didn't even think of that. Heh good work 97

TEAM C6V6

Comment

ok i did finely get to run the scanner on the car and came out that the o2's were showing codes, so i replaced them and now the car is running fine. but now i have another Q what dus the code 82 mean?

and thanks for all the help guys

Comment

Need more numbers for the code. Should be XX82 or 82XX???
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrian442 View Post
                  Need more numbers for the code. Should be XX82 or 82XX???
                  thats what i thot but all it gave me was 82 and something about the 3x ignition or something like that.

Comment

If sounds a lot like my car. Listen for your fuel pump. Mine started doing things like that then the fuel pump went out. It will gradually run richer for longer times if that's the case.
                    Originally posted by LETZRIDE
                    I've never touched a rear end before

Comment

Originally posted by turbohead2332 View Post
                      If sounds a lot like my car. Listen for your fuel pump. Mine started doing things like that then the fuel pump went out. It will gradually run richer for longer times if that's the case.
                      well now that i changed my O2's it is running great, i was just wondering what that code ment. the scanner gave me the codes 76, 77, 15, 63, 13, 64, and 82. 76,77, 63, 64 all showed to be O2 15 was the egr and 13 was the AC but i dont know exactly wat 82 is or means.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                        Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                        by ssms5411
                        Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                        1 week ago
                      • RPDRed6
                        For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                        by RPDRed6
                        Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                        3 weeks ago
                      • ssms5411
                        No start problem
                        by ssms5411
                        So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X