Got to get her fixed, can you help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got to get her fixed, can you help?

Ok, well I was going to purchase a V8 for her, but with funds running low because of bills, I thought maybe buy another V6 and drop that in temp and rebuild the one I have.
    But that fell through
    Well here is whats going on.

Check engine light on
    guessing its because the cat is bad because an O2 is going out or already out.
    windows dont work anymore. the motors work, but who knows...
    the coolant is still going somewhere, but Its not on my driveway....
    I replaced the intake manifold gaskets and the plenum gasket. still missing fluids
    my oil is still oil and no a frapachino.
    the car doesnt over heat, but again, its around 20 degrees. when the car sits for a while, it goes over the mid mark but it goes up and goes down as I drive
    the oil guage kinda flows up and down.
    my front suspension looks low, with stock v6 springs
    my pass tire looks like its going up inside the fenderwell. which means I had to take out the wheel shield
    I have a clunk noise when I turn my wheel on the pass side
    the rear suspension is too soft, it has new shocks and stock springs.. bounces like someone is having sex in the back, and I havent broken my car in yet.
    It constantly bottoms out, I have the new rubber things that go with the springs, yet to install.
    the engine purges when I am idling to warm it up (takes a while to warm)
    I have rust color GUNK in my radiator, hoses, temp sens., hoses, blah blah blah...

The car has alot of power, it doesnt take much to spint he tires when I hit the gas slightly.
    so there doesnt seem to be a power loss anywhere. just small things turning out to be bigger things.

I have a scanner that I paid $200 for and it doesnt seem to want to work right now, so I have to figure out if it has batteries or not.. then I can get ya'll some codes. I have a program that I punch in the code, it gives me a diag. but its not helping. lol

so I know alot of ya'll have had these problems, so please share your thoughts on what you did to resolve the issue.

Oh yeah. I have a white fog coming from my exhaust, but remember I live in northwest ohio and the high has been 28 the past few months, and sometimes in the negitives. I havent noticed a white fog when it was warm outside, and it still does it when the car is warmed up, but I have noticed everyone's car does the same.

I think my tires are over sized... Tires were on the car when purchased.

I have molded butterflies on my red velvet headliner.. ( on the car when purchased.) waiting to do ttop install to change

anyone a Camaro Doctor in here?

Thanks guys.. time, money, and TLC i'll have her looking like a super RS/SS with a V6 haha... I just need to get her running first.

Thanks again
    Archer
    MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
    http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Re: Got to get her fixed, can you help?

I don't get what you're asking... Sounds like you know what's wrong with everything minus the coolant leak. As for the white fog... You can stand outside and do the same thing while you're talking, and it's cold out. If it's only in the cold it's fine. Flush the coolant to get all the gunk out. Coolant leak could be on top of engine, and reason you don't see it, is because it evaporates when the engine gets hot. What size are your tires?
    '99 Mountaineer AWD 5.0 - 4300K HID, Some Bolt-ons
    '97 RS - HPTuner, Bolt-ons
    '09 WRX - Aesthetic mods

Comment

lol I dont know... a majority of the problems I know I can fix, but this damn coolant is getting on my nerves. I replaced the upper and lower gaskets.

I dont know what to do anymore. I'll just end up taking the motor out and taking it completely apart. How do I get the gunk out of the block? the hoses and crap I can just replace. also how do I get it out of the radiator? or would it be easier to replace the radiator????

guess it'll just take time to get the funds and start taking things apart.

Hey guys, once I get this car apart, Im selling the WHOLE FRONT END... HOOD FENDERS BUMPER IMPACT BAR ABSORBER BRACKETS I MEAN THE WHOLE FRONT END!!!
      Archer

Comment

stock tires are 215/60/16 or 235/55/16. there are some other sizes that will match up very closely. What size tires do you have now?

Another area you may look for a leak could be the 90 degree plastric elbow that comes off the belt tensioner going into the block. How much are you leaking? This might be obvious, but you know if you fill radiator all the way up its going to lower a little bit, right. It will go into the over flow bottle.

If you just replaced the rear shocks it should bounce back to position quickly and not go up and down. Maybe you got some bad shocks or if there ajustable they're probably not adjusted properly.
        Originally posted by kala
        I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
        parting her out

Comment

well the car does bounce back up, but its SPONGY. lol

I cant bleed the air because the valve is clogged and I think I broke the threds on the screw. So I need a new thermo cover. The leak is serious. I can put a half a gal of fluids in every day to every other day pending my driving. I dont drive it alot, maybe 20-40 miles a week.

The tires. i'll get those posted up soon, Im goign to post pics shortly so ya'll can look at the pass tire and possibly tell me whats up with it..

How would I get that gunk crap out of my block? I do remember when I was replacing the intake gaskets, that a passage was completly blocked off. I had to dig that crap out of there.,

Archer

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X