Fuel pump - 3 clicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pump - 3 clicks

When I am not hitting the gas, mostly at stoplights, I hear 3 clicks coming from where the fuel pump is. It sometimes happens when I turn the key into the "on" position (not starting the car). Is this the sign of a fuel pump starting to fail or should I even be worried?

Thanks
    2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

ttt.

Comment

Last bump, anyone know???

Comment

If you are not having any problems with it starting rough then I wouldnt think it would be you fuel pump. In my 3.4 it all started with rough starting.

Comment

If you are not having any problems with it starting rough then I wouldnt think it would be you fuel pump. In my 3.4 it all started with rough starting.

Comment

It's definatly the fuel pump, or something to do with the fuel system, and it's coming from where the fuel pump is...

Comment

Well first check the filter first, a dirty filter can cause the pump to go bad if it is bad then auto zone will have one for about 175. Now Im not too famailiar with the 3.8 just yet but I know that the 3.4 had the pump in the fuel tank. Not too hard of a project but it is a pita.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                Good to see the site is back up
                by 2.8 Bird
                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                5 hours ago
              • FirebirdGT
                New Site Hosting Issues
                by FirebirdGT
                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                1 week ago
              • LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X