ABS inop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS inop

light came on today after i started the car, and stayed on all night while driving. it's never done this before. any suggestions?
    mcG<br />aim=endlive<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/endlive\" target=\"_blank\">97 firebird</a> ~ wrecked

are any of your brake lights burnt out? I think the 3rd brake light causes the ABS INOP gauge to come on if it's burned out.

Comment

Check your brake fluid.
      1999 Silverado- Bagged, colormatched and rollin on stock chrome 16\'s<br />Make love not war, hell do both, get married

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by gregmondro:
        are any of your brake lights burnt out? I think the 3rd brake light causes the ABS INOP gauge to come on if it's burned out.<hr></blockquote>

what he said.

Comment

should the 3rd brake light be on when the parking/headlights are on or does it just come on when you brake?
          mcG<br />aim=endlive<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/endlive\" target=\"_blank\">97 firebird</a> ~ wrecked

Comment

the 3rd break light ONLY comes on when you break.. It shuld never come on for anything else.. its some crazy law..

~Billy

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by AllTheGoodNamesAreGone:
              the 3rd break light ONLY comes on when you break.. It shuld never come on for anything else.. its some crazy law..

~Billy
              <hr></blockquote>

makes sense to me--brake light that works when the brakes are on. :eek:

j/k
              should only come on when applied
              6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

nino you arsh.. the second part of that statment was the condition "It shuld never come on for anything else"..

not your keyless entry, drls, parking lights, NOTHING..

~Billy

Comment

check the fuse;
                  that was the problem on my car.
                  A4 :( ws6 hood, magnaflow cat-back, Pewter ppg paint, red calipers w/ decals, t-tops, chrome wheels, cutout, bald rear right tire (3.42 w/o lsd)

Comment

what fuse exactly am i looking for?

Comment

it did that with mines a couple times it fixed its self i guess but it does come on sometimes when i do donuts

Comment

umm.. i think its one of the fuses on the interior fuse block..
                        it can be found by opening your driver side door and pulling off the panal that the door covers..

i am not sure though.. someone outhgt to know exactly where it is..

~Billy

Comment

I'm not trying to sound harsh or anything here. But you always check the obvious easy things first. So did you check the brake fluid in you master cylinder resovoir. If it's low it'll make your abs light come on. I'm just wondering if you checked it yet. Don't want you pulling fuses and messing with anything else when it can be such an easy fix. Good luck getting it fixed.
                          1999 Silverado- Bagged, colormatched and rollin on stock chrome 16\'s<br />Make love not war, hell do both, get married

Comment

lol.. i hope pulling fuses it not too hard a task for you O2Bsogood..

stubby fingers? (kidding)

~Billy

Comment

No, I lost my fuse puller [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                                by ssms5411
                                Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                                1 week ago
                              • RPDRed6
                                For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                                by RPDRed6
                                Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • ssms5411
                                No start problem
                                by ssms5411
                                So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X