Gear whine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear whine

My Camaro just turned 15k miles, and the gear whine is getting rediculously bad. I get horrible gear whine at the bottom of first, halfway though second, and part of the way through third. Is there any cure for the whine? I have no mods done to my drivetrain at all. Any chance of getting this fixed, as aparently GM will not fix this on Camaros?

:mad: :mad: :mad:
    2002 Navy Blue Metallic Camaro<br />M5, 3.23\'s<br />Performance Mods: Z28 Catback<br />Appearance Mods: 35% side, 5% rear tint. 17x9 SS 10-spoke rims<br />Interior: 30th Leather seats<br />Stereo: 2 RF HE2 DVC subs, 600w MA Amp, 6.5\" Infinity\'s, some other stuff.<br />Comming soon: 3.73\'s, LSD, Air Lid

my problems were alleviated greatly just by changing to a limited slip diff... good luck finding one though. :(

Comment

Originally posted by Tekone:
      ...as aparently GM will not fix this on Camaros?

:mad: :mad: :mad:
      Did you ask the dealer? I got mine replaced when my car had about 15k on it last year because of the same problem. It's still covered by the 3year/36k warenty, so unless you did something to the drivetrain (which you say you didn't), they should replace it free.
      <b>2002 Pewter v6 Camaro</b><br />T-tops, Auto, stock GFX<br />mods: SSRA, Whisper lid, K&N filter, Borla cat-back, Pioneer HU, RF 6.5\" speakers, billet grill, clear corners, red tubing under hood, black CAMARO fill-in\'s, QTEC, GM power antenna, fan switch

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
        Good to see the site is back up
        by 2.8 Bird
        So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
        3 days ago
      • FirebirdGT
        New Site Hosting Issues
        by FirebirdGT
        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
        2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X