please,need some help about more hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please,need some help about more hp

please, i saved some money in the last days and I was wondering to put + horsepower on my car.
    I have a 97 bird stock with the y87 package, I want to start from the begining, no forced induction or nos, please anyone, my starting price can be $600, can i do sometingh with that?

I forgot something, i don't know nothing about instalation so i will pay for it to. and where.
    how about pep boys?

Comment

Hey man you can start with the basics...

Whisper lid -->about $100 and you can install it your self

If you want you can get exhaust a TSP rumbler or you can get a cut out. A cut out is about $30.00 and installation at a muffler shop is like $30.00

high flow cat you can get a Catco for $50.00 and you can get it put in for about another $50.00

160* or 180* thermostat, these will run for about $10.00 at any parts store and you can install this your self.

Comment

Whisper lid ????? iam new so, what the heck is that?

Comment

Its an intake so your car will suck up the air better.

you can get something like this if you want

http://www.lmperformance.com/956/14.html

OR

Comment

A Whisper Lid is only for 98+ cars.

$600 should get you a good intake and exhaust package. Check out the Modifications Encyclopedia at the top menu.
            Matt
            1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
            Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

descreen your maf. Its free [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]
              get ahold of 1998silverbird, he is selling LT1 injectors for cheap. like 40 I think
              96 3.8 red camaro. <br />headers,cam,valve springs,retainers,auburn lsd,3.73 gears,SLP cold air,accel coils,24lb injectors,8mm plug wires,air temp module,LT1 diveshaft,removed a/c,edelbrock torque arm,spohn LCA\'s and PHR

Comment

DO NOT descreen a '97... that will be a waste of time (and money if you damage the screen) because you'll just end up putting it back in.

Comment

you guess are just confusing the kid
                  2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I guess my earlier advice has been forgotten. The first thing you need to do (and its FREE!) is spend time and do searches on this site and learn from people who are knowledgable. If you start putting things on your car and have no idea what they do or how they do it, you are no better than a ricer. These things work together to make your car beter, they don't just plug in and magically work. You need to spend time and learn how things work in your car. If you put something in and it does one thing, then you add something else it could potentially completely undo the effect of the first item or it could require you to do something to another part to make it last.

Modifying a car (or anything for that matter) requires you to actually do searches, read books, learn AND understand what you are doing.

It's just like modifying your stereo or your house, would you just start putting things in, or would you first start off doing research and understanding how the things that are already there work?

I will offer you this one tidbit of advice though, figure out what you want to use your car for before you actually start adding and removing things from it.
                    -Mark (aim: Eredasx)-<br />Black 01 Bird. 3\" exhaust. Eibach pros. Tokico shocks. Whisper lid. SLP CAI. LS1 DS. SLP fan switch. LSD. BMR PHR, LCAs and STB. Status: still repairing damage from punk thieves.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhadamanthe:
                      please, i saved some money in the last days and I was wondering to put + horsepower on my car.
                      I have a 97 bird stock with the y87 package, I want to start from the begining, no forced induction or nos, please anyone, my starting price can be $600, can i do sometingh with that?
                      1st, where at in FL? check out the bottome of the main page, in the Florida section we are planning a Florida v6 meet in Mid July.

2nd, Pepboys or any big name chain will not install stuff for you.

3rd, The post above this is right, you need to do some searches before you through money at your car, spending lots of money on your car does not necessarily make it faster.

If I had your car... I woudl first do a tuneup and fix up of any problems you can find. Maybe run SeaFoam through the motor if it has like 50,000+ on it.(Do a search on Seafoam and you will find lots of info)

Next I woudl see how the plugs and wires are doing, If they are fine, leave them alone, if they need to be replaced. I woudl go with a set of msd 8.5mm from www.FTPP.net and your choice of spark plugs. And clean up the points on the ignition coils. If you are unsure on how to change them, do a search here, or pick up a Haynes Repair manual for Camaros(they sell them at pep-boys and bookstores)

Then I woudl do the PVC valve, Fuel filter, if you have any SES light codes go to advanced auto, or autozone, they will check them for free but Pepboys will likely charge you since they are a "mechanic" place. (Once again if you have to replace a sensor check here and haynes manual)

Once your car is in tip top shape, I would throw on a Cold air intake, or make one. I think they cost like $150.

Then I woudl look into doing an exhaust system and if you have higher miles I would change the CAT as well...

Comment

oh yeah thanks for that, i'am doing a research right now, and i know the idea about the mods but not how to do it, about the tune-up of my car i never realized before but my car won't go over 4.000 rpm's and when i give it some gas has poor acceleration. what can be the problem?. and how can i put a video here, i have the proof in a video but i dont know where to upload it to show it here

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X