32 or 44psi for stock Goodyear Eagle RS tires? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

32 or 44psi for stock Goodyear Eagle RS tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32 or 44psi for stock Goodyear Eagle RS tires?

Ok, I know the tires say 44 psi on them, but when I take it to kwik kar to have my oil changed (I know I know I usually do it myself but my friend gave me a ton of free oil changes there so I may as well let them do it and they can lube the car as well) anyway they ALWAYS ****in deflate my tires to 32 psi and I even tell them not to.

I was just curious to see what most people had their tires at and wondering if its actually a smoother ride at 32 psi?
    \'01 Trans Am WS6 5.7L M6<br />Stock now w/ K&N and whisper lid<br />Coming soon: B&B Triflow catback, MAF, 85mm throttlebody, headers, supercharger?

44 PSI may be the maximum pressure to have the tire at. That's way to high to drive around on. 30-35 PSI is usually the norm.
    94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

Comment

heh the idiot at discount tire filled them up to 44 psi the last time I had them changed is why I asked, these idiot in and out shops are starting to confuse me :(
      \'01 Trans Am WS6 5.7L M6<br />Stock now w/ K&N and whisper lid<br />Coming soon: B&B Triflow catback, MAF, 85mm throttlebody, headers, supercharger?

Comment

Shouldn't the label on the driver's side door specify what psi to inflate the tires to?
        Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

i have mine at atound 33psi

Comment

33 cold is usually what I keep mine at
            yeah the sticker in the door should tell you what to keep it at
            But, that is for the stock tires
            bigger rims may need more pressure
            millionformarriage.org

Why stop people from getting married?

Comment

I don't have the stock tires but I have the stock rims and I fill mine to 35psi. 35 is what the sticker on my door says. The only problem I have is that in the winter they always seem to loose pressure on me, but that is because the car just sits for 2 weeks sometimes cause I don't drive it cause I am away at school. In the summer though 35 is a nice ride.
              1996 Polo Green Metallic Camaro:<br />SLP CAI, Carsound/Magnaflow 3\" in/out cat, Flowmaster 2.5\" cat-back... sounds great

Comment

I have mine @ 40 PSI b/c I do alot of highway miles from the g/f.
                <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/HiWire\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/HiWire</a> <br />1997 Dark Green Firebird <br />1997 White T/A

Comment

Mainly, it depends on how your tires wear, and how much highway driving you do. When I am taking a long highway trip, I will fill them to 36psi cold or so. It gets a little better gas mileage. Most of the time, I have them at 32psi cold, and I just keep an eye on where they are wearing. If you keep the wear even, then you are good.

-Justin
                  <b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/drkmind11\" target=\"_blank\">2000 Red Firebird Coupe, A4.</a></b> ((3.42 Gears, LSD Stock))<br />Details: 3\" Edelbrock Exhaust, 3\" Catco Cat,160* Thermostat, 8% Tint, TA Chrome Wheels, Viper 550.

Comment

I work at NTB, so I have some say so. 44 PSI, is what goodyear, thinks the max tire pressure is. This is NOT what you need to follow. You never give the tire what the tire needs, you give the tire what the car needs. If I put your tires and rims on a F250 diesel, they would start needing closer to that 44 PSI. Anyways, always go by the door on your car. I run mine at 32. Also, one more thing, if you keep your tires at that 44 PSI, you WILL start getting irregular tire wear in the middle of your tires. Good luck.
                    Jordan<br />15.09@90.7<br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=21\" target=\"_blank\"><b>1995 Camaro 3.4 M5</b></a>

Comment

Recent article in Motor Trend with Michelin tire proving grounds:

"It's far and away safer to be five over than three under."

Stick with the data on door placard. Then adjust up to 5 psi.(30-35 psi)
                      --Traded In--<br />1998 Navy Blue Metallic Camaro (RS)<br />3.8L V6 w/4L60E Auto<br />Sport Appearance Package<br />T-Tops - Loaded<br />_ _ _ _ __________________ _ _ _ _ <br /><br />--New--<br />2003 Victory Red S10 Xtreme w/Silver Stripes<br />2.2 L4 w/MW2 5 Speed Manual<br />LS Package

Comment

all my tires that were 44 psi max...

I ran 32-35 normal driving...

32 for little bit peppier street driving, and that is my autoX tire pressure.

Drag is 28-32 depending on how I am sticking...

highway I do ~38 or so...

Remember tire pressure wil rise when you start driving, so at 44psi cold when you get driving might hit 48-50... Pretty damn high. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X